For the 2023 model year, General Motors released the special-edition 70th Anniversary package for the C8 Corvette to commemorate 70 years of America’s sports car. Now, the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will celebrate the Vette’s storied history in an upcoming event.
Set to take place at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca later this year in August 2023, the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will host an event to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Corvette. Complemented by more than 400 authentic race cars, there will be 14 classes a day.
“We are excited to be sharing the legacy, history and heritage of Corvette at this year’s Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion,” WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca President and General Manager John Narigi was quoted as saying. “Kids across many generations have dreamt of owning or riding in a Corvette in their lifetime. We welcome Corvette’s return with their enthusiasm to Monterey and sharing their history, along with Corvette’s future.”
For any interested readers, tickets can be purchased online at WeatherTechRaceway.com.
As previously mentioned, the 2023 Corvette Stingray and 2023 Corvette Z06 are available with a 70th Anniversary package (RPO code Y70). Available for both Coupe and Convertible models, this special edition pays homage to the Vette with the inclusion of a suite of special features, including (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
- 19-inch front/20-inch rear 20-spoke Carbon Flash-painted forged aluminum wheels with Red stripe (Q9A)
- Edge Red-painted calipers (J6N)
- Rear fascia/roof storage protector in Black with embroidered crossed flags logo (VTB)
- Ceramic White leather seating surfaces with Red stitching (HV1)
- Torch Red seat belt color (3F9)
- 70th Anniversary set of premium leather weekend / travel bags (SO1)
- 70th anniversary exterior badging and logo on wheel caps, seats, steering wheel and sill plates
- Unique VIN sequence
- LT2 engine cover in Edge Red (RCC, Coupe body style only)