For the fifth annual J.D Power Mexico Customer Service Index, Chevy was ranked well below average.
In the J.D. Power 2023 Mexico Customer Service Index, the Bow Tie brand scored 858 out of 1,000 in the overall rankings, placing it fourth from the bottom where Renault was placed. Toyota was ranked the highest with a 913 score, while rivals Dodge and Ford placed sixth and eleventh, respectively, with scores of 881 and 866, respectively.
It’s worth noting that the average industry score was 872.
“The service business in Mexico is extremely competitive with both authorized dealers and independent service shops vying for half of the marketplace,” J.D Power de Mexico Senior Director and Country Manager Gerardo Gomez was quoted as saying. “While satisfaction is similar among customers of both, customers who aren’t loyal to a particular provider emphasize that dealers and independent service shops must pay close attention to what matters most to get their business. Simple facility improvements or offering a mobile messaging app to schedule service appointments and alert customers of service completion can help with the acquisition and retention of customers.”
During J.D. Power’s collection of data for this study, the firm found several key areas that alluded to how well a given automaker would rank, including:
- Vehicle owners are more satisfied when alerted of needed service.
- An alert improves satisfaction by 28 points
- Satisfactions improves when scheduling an appointment via an app.
- Providing the option to schedule an appointment with a mobile app improves satisfaction by 25 points
- Offering transportation is important.
- Providing a means of transportation while a vehicle is worked on improves satisfaction by 32 points
- Several areas of improvement needed.
- Attentive service provider
- Available wireless internet
- Clean shop
- Complimentary snacks
For some background on how data is collected, J.D. Power looks at vehicles aged three- to 12-years old and measures an owner’s or lessee’s satisfaction at a franchised dealer or aftermarket service facilities for maintenance or repair work. To this end, the study examines five key measures, which include service quality, vehicle pick-up, service advisor, service initiation, and service facility.
The 2023 rendition of the J.D. Power Mexico Customer Service Index was based on 3,409 interviews conducted from October 2022 to February 2023.