Chevrolet Korea sales increased 70 percent to 4,708 units in May 2023 compared to May 2022 results.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EUV sales increased 319.05 percent to 88 units
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales increased 550 percent to 13 units
- Chevrolet Colorado sales decreased 60.31 percent to 127 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 66.67 percent to 15 units
- Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales decreased 67 percent to 33 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales increased 7.99 percent to 946 units
- Chevrolet Traverse sales increased 650 percent to 90 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales increased 3073.83 percent to 3,396 units
During the first five months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Korea sales increased 3.65 percent to 13,599 units.
Sales Results - May 2023 - South Korea - Chevrolet
|MODEL||MAY 2023 / MAY 2022||MAY 2023||MAY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The sharp increase in Chevrolet Korea sales during May 2023 represent the second consecutive increase in monthly sales. In fact, the uptick in May was similar to the steep increase experienced by the Bow Tie brand in April, which ended a negative streak lasting five consecutive months and historical sales troughs. As such, last month’s healthy performance continues Chevrolet’s recovery in the South Korean domestic market.
Once again, the undisputed protagonist of Chevrolet Korea’s excellent performance in May was the all-new 2024 Chevy Trax. The new entry-level crossover, built domestically in South Korea, once again set a new record in South Korea with 3,396 deliveries during its second month on sale, up from 3,072 deliveries the prior month. As such, the second-generation Chevy Trax has rapidly become the brand’s best-selling model in Korea with an overwhelming lead, both during the month and during the running year-to-date totals.
Meanwhile, the Chevy Trailblazer posted its first increase in many months in South Korea during May, albeit with lower volume than the 1,042 deliveries it earned during April. Additionally, the Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Bolt EV and Traverse all posted notable triple-digit gains during the month. Even so, all three nameplates sold at significantly lower volumes compared to their best-ever monthly sales results, attained previously.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Korea sales in May 2022, unless noted otherwise
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales (this page)
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales