Chevrolet Brazil sales increased three percent to 26,220 units in April 2023. The figures rank GM as the second-largest car manufacturer in the country, while Chevrolet finished as the third best-selling automobile brand, behind Fiat and Volkswagen.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 12 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 50 percent to 3 units
- Chevrolet Corvette sales were flat at 8 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 86.32 percent to 171 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales totaled 349 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales increased 359200 percent to 3,593 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 0.46 percent to 12,571 units
- Onix hatchback sales totaled 6,947 units
- Onix Plus sedan sales totaled 5,624 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 12.49 percent to 2,376 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales decreased 22.53 percent to 1,492 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 17.18 percent to 5,436 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 4.31 percent to 200 units
During the first five months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 26 percent to 121,855 units.
Sales Results - May 2023 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||MAY 2023 / MAY 2022||MAY 2023||MAY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
The slight increase in Chevrolet Brazil sales in May allowed the Bow Tie brand to continue the positive performance in the South American market. In fact, May represents Chevrolet’s fifth consecutive month of sales gains in Brazil. However, last month’s performance caused the brand to fall from second to third place among the country’s best-selling automobile brands, as Volkswagen sold 27,385 vehicles.
Unlike previous months, the increase in Chevrolet Brazil sales in May was not led by the Chevy Onix best-seller. In fact, the subcompact car family suffered a very slight drop in May that resulted in a very slight decrease, down just 58 deliveries year-over-year. This resulted in the Onix accounting for less than half of Chevrolet’s total sales volume for the first time in recent years. For its part, the Chevy Tracker saw a more considerable drop that made it lose its position as Brazil’s best-selling crossover.
Once again, the all-new Chevy Montana experienced the fastest growth rate of any Chevrolet model in May. The new compact pickup continues to gain popularity in its highly competitive segment, with a healthy sales volume of 3,593 units. While healthy, that figure lags behind the 3,988 deliveries recorded by the Chevy Montana in March, its first full month of availability.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for May 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales