As is expected with the introduction of an all-new generation, the 2023 GMC Canyon features an overhauled exterior design, interior layout, and powertrain lineup. Today, we’re taking a deeper dive into a new accessory option, a cargo lighting kit.
This new option is intended to increase the convenience of the 2023 GMC Canyon with the following objectives and features:
- Makes it easier to find cargo, tools or supplies at night or in minimal lighting situations.
- Touch-enabled outside of your truck bed for ease of use.
- Includes a timer for automatic shutoff in case you forget to switch off lighting from the truck cab.
- Bed lighting turns off automatically when engine starts.
- High-output LED light kit produces 340 lumens per foot per lamp,
- Cargo cancellation turns off lights after five seconds if any metallic cargo falls and remains on the lamp or after five seconds of any continuous pressing.
It’s worth noting that this kit includes two truck bed lights, the wiring harness, and all the necessary mounting hardware.
As a reminder, the 2023 GMC Canyon is only available with one powertrain configuration, the turbocharged 2.7L I4 L3B gasoline engine. Exclusively available in the High Output tune, this powerplant develops 310 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque in Big Red’s midsize pickup. For comparison, the Canyon’s corporate cousin and platform mate, the 2023 Chevy Colorado, is offered with two tunes of the L3B engine, along with the turbocharged 2.7L I4 L2R engine in entry-level trims.
In regard to transmission options, all 2023 Canyon units utilize an updated version of GM’s eight-speed automatic.
Under the skin, the 2023 Canyon rides on an updated variant of the GMT 31XX platform, which it shares with the 2023 Chevy Colorado. Meanwhile, production takes place at the GM Wentzville plant in Missouri.