According to Chevy, Black (color code GBA) is the single most popular color for the 2023 Chevy Corvette Z06 to date, as the following infographic shows:
Black (GBA) is the top paint color for the 2023 Corvette Z06 at 14 percent, while Torch Red (color code GKZ) is still the most popular color for the 2023 Chevy Corvette Stingray at 15 percent. Torch Red is usually the most popular C8 Corvette color every year.
When the 14 percent of Corvette Z06 units painted in Black gets combined with the 6 percent finished in Carbon Flash Metallic (GAR), the number of Z06 Vettes built so far with a black exterior hue climbs to 20 percent. This rivals the combined 21 percent of Corvette Z06s built in the two red hues, Torch Red and Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat (GPH).
Torch Red was the most popular paint color for the 2022 Chevy Corvette as well, accounting for 16.1 percent of the vehicles sold. Black placed fifth among color choices for the 2022 model year, accounting for 10.7 percent of the 25,831 units of the 2022 Corvette built by GM.
As a reminder, the Chevy Corvette C8 Z06 variant joined the Corvette lineup for the first time during the 2023 model year. The Z06 is motivated by the naturally aspirated 5.5L V8 LT6 gasoline engine, rated at a maximum of 670 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, revving up to an 8,600-rpm redline.
The C8 Corvette Stingray now occupies the “entry-level” position among Corvette variants, with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine under the hood providing 490 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque.
The 2024 model year of the Bow Tie’s sports car will also introduce the new Corvette E-Ray, a hybrid combining the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine also found in the C8 Corvette Stingray with a single electric motor and 1.9 kWh battery system to develop a combined 655 horsepower.
The 2023 Corvette Z06, like all other variants of the Chevy Corvette C8, rides on the GM Y2 platform. Production place at the GM Bowling Green plant in Kentucky.