Chevrolet Korea sales increased 76 percent to 5,180 units in April 2023 compared to April 2022 results.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EUV sales increased 379.66 percent to 283 units
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 53 units
- Chevrolet Colorado sales increased 148.65 percent to 184 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales totaled 80 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales decreased 77.48 percent to 307 units
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales decreased 56.9 percent to 25 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 6.04 percent to 1,042 units
- Chevrolet Traverse sales increased 276.47 percent to 128 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales increased 2192.54 percent to 3,072 units
During the first four months of the 2023 calendar year, Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 14 percent to 8,891 units.
Sales Results - April 2023 - South Korea - Chevrolet
|MODEL||APR 2023 / APR 2022||APRIL 2023||APRIL 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The GM Authority Take
After suffering five consecutive months in the red and hitting an all-time low during the first quarter of the year, Chevrolet Korea sales posted a significant increase in April. In this fashion, Chevrolet’s solid performance in April put an end to the Bow Tie brand’s negative trajectory in the Asian country, tripling registration volume from 1,636 deliveries in March – the best number during Q1. As such, April’s 5,180 units represent a substantial improvement comparable to pre-pandemic records in South Korea.
A big reason for the increase in Chevrolet Korea sales in April was the all-new 2024 Chevy Trax, which registered its first 3,072 deliveries and immediately became the brand’s best-selling vehicle in the South Korean market – not only during the month but also for the first four months of the year. The impressive performance of the all-new, second-generation Trax during its first month on sale is the highest for a Chevy model in the country in several years, with the potential to continue to rise in the coming months.
For its part, the Chevy Bolt EUV, Colorado and Traverse achieved notable triple-digit increases in April after several months in the red. Meanwhile, the Chevy Trailblazer and Spark – the Bow Tie’s typical sales volume leaders – continued in the red. However, the 1,042 Trailblazer deliveries represents a significant recovery from the low volume seen in previous months.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Korea sales in April 2022, unless noted otherwise
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q2 2023 sales reports
- GM Q2 2023 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q2 2023
- GM Mexico sales Q2 2023
- GM China sales Q2 2023
- GM Brazil sales Q2 2023
- GM Argentina sales Q2 2023
- GM Chile sales Q2 2023
- GM Colombia sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea sales Q2 2023
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea April 2023 sales (this page)
- Cadillac South Korea April 2023 sales
- GM South Korea May 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea May 2023 sales
- GMC South Korea May 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea May 2023 sales
- GM South Korea June 2023 sales
- Chevrolet South Korea June 2023 sales
- Cadillac South Korea June 2023 sales
- GM South Korea April 2023 sales