The start of regular production (SORP) of the refreshed 2024 Chevy Silverado HD is almost upon us. Now, before production has officially begun, GM Authority has learned that all LPO, or dealer-installed, accessory assist steps are currently unavailable to order.
There are a total of seven assist steps that are not available from the start of production (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
- Six-inch rectangular chromed tubular assist steps, LPO (VXH)
- Four-inch round chromed assist steps, LPO (VXJ)
- Six-inch rectangular Black tubular assist steps, LPO (RVQ)
- Four-inch round Black assist steps, LPO (RVS)
- Black work step, LPO (VQO)
- Three-inch round Black tubular off-road assist steps, LPO (S6L)
- Off-road high clearance steps, LPO (VXW)
It’s worth noting that these options have varied availability across the Silverado HD trim lineup:
|Six-inch rectangular chrome assist steps||BVQ||-||-||A1||A1||S|
|Power-retractable Black assist steps with bright trim and LED lighting||BRS||-||-||-||A1||A|
|Power-retractable Black assist steps with LED lighting||B3L||-||-||-||A1||A|
|Six-inch rectangular chromed tubular assist steps, LPO||VXH||A||A||A||A||-|
|Four-inch round chromed assist steps, LPO||VXJ||-||A||A||A||A|
|Six-inch rectangular Black tubular assist steps, LPO||RVQ||A||A||-||-||-|
|Four-inch round Black assist steps, LPO||RVS||-||A||A||A||-|
|Black work step, LPO||VQO||A||A||A||-||-|
|Three-inch round Black tubular off-road assist steps, LPO||S6L||-||A||A||A||-|
|Off-road high clearance steps, LPO||VXW||A||A||A||A||-|
- Crew Cab configuration only.
That being said, every factory-installed assist step option is still available to order (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
- Six-inch rectangular chrome assist steps (BVQ)
- Power-retractable Black assist steps with bright trim and LED lighting (BRS)
- Power-retractable Black assist steps with LED lighting (B3L)
Under the hood, the 2024 Silverado HD utilizes the 6.6L L8T V8 gasoline engine as standard fare, while the 6.6L V8 L5P turbodiesel Duramax engine is optional. The Duramax boasts 470 horsepower and 975 pound-feet of torque, up by 25 horsepower and a 65 pound-feet over the pre-refreshed models.
Regardless of engine choice, every Chevy Silverado HD runs the Allison-branded 10-speed automatic transmission as standard, which replaces the GM six-speed equipped by gasoline-powered models previously.
Under the skin, the Silverado HD rides on a more capable version of the GM T1 platform, while production takes place at the GM Flint plant in Michigan and GM Oshawa plant in Canada. In regards to pricing, a 2500 HD WT RWD truck in Regular Cab Long Bed configuration has a starting MSRP of $45,295, including a destination freight charge of $1,895.