2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV To Offer Extreme Off-Road Package On These Trim Levels1
The all-new 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV first hit the scene in April of 2021, revealing a fresh, boxy body style for the all-electric Hummer lineup. Notably, the top-of-the-line GMC Hummer EV SUV Edition 1 was offered with the Extreme Off-Road Package, which adds in a selection of trail-ready goodies. Now, GM Authority has learned which other Hummer EV SUV trim levels will also be available with the package.
According to GM Authority sources, the Extreme Off-Road Package (RPO code Z6X) will be available for the GMC Hummer SUV EV2X and EV3X trim levels, in addition to the range-topping GMC Hummer EV SUV Edition 1. The package will not be available for the base-level GMC Hummer EV SUV EV2 trim level.
As one would expect, the Extreme Off-Road Package is designed to up the GMC Hummer EV SUV’s off-roading prowess, adding in the following content (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- Wheels, spare 18-inch by 9-inch Black aluminum with machined accents (QNB)
- 18-inch Black aluminum wheels with machined accents (RCS)
- LT305/70R18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires (QMG)
- Full Underbody Skid Plates (NZZ)
- Driver-selectable electronically locking front differential (G93)
- Driver-selectable electronically locking rear differential (G94)
- Forward and Rearward underbody cameras (UXA)
- Black Rear D-Ring Recovery Hook (SDA)
- Rocker Protectors with Assist Steps (S6L)
Official pricing information for the Extreme Off-Road Package is currently unavailable. That said, GM did originally indicate that the package was projected to cost $5,000, although that projection was made when the GMC Hummer EV SUV was initially revealed and may have changed since.
GM is planning to launch the 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV in early 2023.
As for the vehicle specs, the 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUVis offered with both a two-motor and three-motor powertrain, with output measured at 625 horsepower for two-motor setups, and 830 horsepower for three-motor setups. All configurations feature GM Ultium battery technology and GM Ultium drive motor technology, with upwards of 300 miles of range per charge.
Under the body panels, the 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV rides on the GM BT1 platform. Production will kick off at the GM Factory Zero plant in Michigan in the spring.
Subscribe to GM Authority for more GMC Hummer EV news, GMC news, GM electric vehicle news, and around-the-clock GM news coverage.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Just don’t get it wet!