The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq arrives as the second model year for the all-electric luxury crossover, following the initial 2023 model year with several important changes and updates. Among these, GM Authority has learned, is the introduction of the new 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Tech trim level.
According to GM Authority sources, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Tech will be tagged with the 1SA equipment group and offered as the new entry-level trim of the lineup, slotting in below the Luxury trim level, which was introduced with the initial 2023 model year, as well as below the Sport trim level, which was introduced for the 2024 model year. All three trim levels (Tech, Luxury, Sport) will be available in the U.S. with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Luxury will equip the 1SC, 1SD, and 1SE equipment group. As a reminder, the Cadillac Lyriq RWD was introduced for the 2023 model year in 1SE Luxury trim, while the slightly de-contented 2023 Cadillac Lyriq AWD was equipped with the 1SD equipment group.
Meanwhile, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Sport will equip the 1SF, 1SJ, and 1SK equipment groups.
Compared to the Cadillac Lyriq Luxury and Cadillac Lyriq Sport, the new 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Tech trim will offer the Driver Assist Package as an optional extra, with package content included as standard for Luxury and Sport trim levels. The Driver Assist Package is tagged with RPO code Y66, and includes the following (relevant RPO codes included in parentheses):
- Adaptive Cruise Control (KSG)
- HD Surround Vision camera (UXP)
- Rear Pedestrian Alert (UKK)
- Side Bicyclist Alert (UOW)
- Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist (UKZ)
- Outside heated, power adjustable, power-folding mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming, integrated turn signal indicators and puddle lamps (DXR)
- Intersection Automatic Emergency Braking (CTB)
Note that Intersection Automatic Emergency Braking (RPO code CTB) is a new addition for the 2024 model year.
Additionally, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Luxury and 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Sport are both equipped with a variety of features not offered with the new entry-level Tech trim. These features include:
- Multi-color interior ambient lighting (C70)
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror (DD8)
- Rear Camera Mirror (DRZ) (standard on 1SE and 1SJ only)
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column (N38)
- Heated steering wheel (KI3)
- Adaptive Headlamp System (UVG)
- Illuminating door handles (HD7)
- Slimline LED headlights with choreography (TGE)
- Automatic leveling headlamp control system (TR7)
- Cornering lamps (T4Y)
- Lower rear illuminated spoiler
- LED choreography capable taillamps (TAU)
- Front intermittent Rainsense wipers (CE1)
To note, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq will include a Manual tilt and telescoping steering column (RPO code N37) rather than a Power tilt and telescoping steering column (RPO code N38), plus LED taillamps (RPO code TAB) rather than LED choreography capable taillamps (RPO code TAU). Also, the Adaptive Headlamp System (RPO code UVG) is a new addition for the 2024 model year
Finally, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Tech will include the Noir interior colorway with two-tone upper bolster accents in genuine aluminum trim.
For those who may have missed it, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq starts at around $60,000. The crossover rides on the GM BEV3 platform, while GM Ultium batteries pair with GM Ultium drive motors for motivation. Production takes place at the Spring Hill plant in Tennessee.