Here Are The Top 10 Most Popular Chevy Stories Of 20222
With 2022 now winding down, it’s a great time to reflect on what transpired over the last year. Indeed, 2022 was chock-full of interesting stories and developments at GM, including for the Chevy brand. Now, we’re rounding up the top 10 most popular Chevy stories of 2022.
2023 Chevy Corvette Z06 Debuts
It should come as no surprise that the debut of the all-new 2023 Chevy Corvette Z06 tops this list. As the next level in performance for the C8 Corvette lineup, the Corvette Z06 packs a wallop thanks to the mid-mounted, 670-horsepower 5.5L V8 LT6, singing its naturally aspirated song up to an 8,600-rpm redline. Further go-faster Vette variants are expected to debut in the near future, but for 2022, the arrival of the Corvette Z06 was the big headline.
2024 Chevy Camaro Set To Offer Heritage Edition
The ultimate fate of the Chevy Camaro nameplate remains somewhat uncertain, with the current sixth-generation Chevy Camaro likely exiting for the 2024 model year prior to the nameplate’s reintroduction as an EV. However, before it makes its exit, the 2024 Chevy Camaro will offer the Heritage Edition package to mark the Camaro’s ICE roots.
Refreshed 2024 Chevy Silverado HD Drops Cover
Rounding out the top-three Chevy stories for 2022 was the debut of the refreshed 2024 Chevy Silverado HD, with GM revealing new exterior styling, an overhauled interior, new tech features, and an upgraded powertrain.
Chevy Silverado Singled Out For Engine Issues
The light-duty Chevy Silverado 1500, specifically the pre-refresh model, was singled out by Consumer Reports as one of the most-likely vehicles to exhibit reliability issues, with four percent of owners reporting some kind of major engine problem.
GM Issues Stop-Sale On Chevy Silverado HD, MD
Back in April, GM exclusively reported that GM issued a stop-sale order on certain units of the 2022 Chevy Silverado HD and MD equipped with the 6.6L V8 L5P turbodiesel Duramax engine. The order was given as a result of a hydro-lock / no start engine issue.
GM Hit With Lawsuit Over Peeling Paint
Several Chevy vehicles, including the Tahoe, Suburban, and Silverado, were the target of a new class-action lawsuit against GM this year over peeling exterior paint. The lawsuit was filed in Florida.
First Image Of The Refreshed 2022 Chevy Silverado LT Trail Boss
Following the debut of the 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 in September of the 2021 calendar year, GM Authority was among the first to publish the first image of the refreshed 2022 Chevy Silverado LT Trail Boss, showing the off-roader in Red Hot paint complemented by black trim bits.
2023 Chevy Silverado Duramax Diesel Gets new LZ0 Engine
The debut of the 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 included a number of important changes and updates, one of the most important of which was the introduction of the new 3.0L I6 LZ0 turbodiesel Duramax engine, which replaces the 3.0L I6 LM2 in the pickup’s powertrain lineup.
Chevy Express Collides With Overpass
Over the summer, footage hit the web showing a Chevy Express van getting demolished after it struck a freeway overpass while loaded on a car carrier, resulting in a very dramatic video.
Next-Gen Chevy Montana Announced For 2023
Following an extended period of silence, GM finally announced that the next-gen Chevy Montana pickup would launch in Brazil and other South American countries in the 2023 calendar year, ramping up excitement for the truck’s arrival.
Bonus: GM Reveals Chevy Silverado Convertible
We can’t resist a good April Fool’s joke, and this one was one of our favorites. Looks like it was one of the favorites for our readers, as well.
Subscribe to GM Authority for more Chevy news, GM business news, and around-the-clock GM news coverage.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
10. Red Corvette engine cover not available; buyers supplied with a can of Testors Flame Red Enamel
9. Red TintCoat Mist available on Camaro
8. Red TintCoat Mist available on Colorado, cancelled for Camaro SS, ZL1 and V6 models.
7. 9 New Shades of Metallic Gray Announced on all models, Red TintCoat Mist cancelled on all models
6. Chevy Montana released for sale to all dealers below the southern border. US buyers get 90k GMC Canyon
5. Chevy Montana Red TintCoat Mist announced.
4. Retro Buick GSX 455 announced for China. US buyers get special 2.9% finance on Buick Enclave
3. Barra awarded with lifetime contract and a Red TintCoat Mist Special Edition ERay. Buyers of supply-constrained options on GM vehicles are offered a 6 month free ticket to any Regal Theater of their choice.
2. An additional 12 shades of Metallic Gray made available for all model lines
1. Chevy Montana lauded as Truck Of The Decade. US buyers offered lightweight plastic skid plates on Colorado ZR2 Bison Glacier National Park Limited Edition with Red TintCoat Mist paint……..
Happy New Year!
I have been a strong Chevy buyer from 1965. My new 2016 Silverado HighCounty ha engine and transmission issues from day one. Chevy changed the transmission fluid but didn’t fix it.
They still won’t do anything to fix there design issue. Faulty engineering.
I or my family won’t be buying anymore GM products. John