Assigned RPO code GNT and touch-up paint code WA-170H, Volcanic Red Tintcoat is one of 11 exterior colors offered on the light duty full-size pickup truck, which include:
- Cardinal Red (Pro, SLE, Elevation only)
- White Frost Tricoat (not available on AT4 or AT4X)
- Pacific Blue Metallic (not available on Elevation, AT4, or AT4X)
- Summit White (not available on Denali Ultimate)
- Onyx Black
- Titanium Rush Metallic (not available on Pro)
- Dynamic Blue Metallic (only available on Elevation, AT4, and AT4X)
- Desert Sand Metallic (only available on Elevation, AT4, and AT4X)
- Sterling Metallic (NEW for 2023)
- Volcanic Red Tintcoat (NEW for 2023; not available on Pro, SLE, or Denali Ultimate)
- Deep Bronze Metallic (NEW for 2023; only available on Elevation, AT4, and AT4X)
Volcanic Red Tintcoat is an extra-cost item that adds an additional $645 to the truck’s price and is available on the Elevation, SLT, AT4, AT4X, and Denali trim levels, but not on Pro, SLE, or Denali Ultimate. It can be combined with all Sierra interior colorways except Alpine Umber.
For reference, here are the six available interior colorways offered on the 2023 Sierra:
- Jet Black (not available on AT4, ATX, or Denali Ultimate)
- Dark Walnut/Slate (SLE and SLT only)
- Jet Black with Kalahari accents (AT4 only)
- Obsidian Rush (AT4X only)
- Atmosphere/Brownstone (Denali only)
- Alpine Umber (Denali Ultimate only)
The 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 introduces only a handful of changes and updates as compared to the full model refresh introduced for the 2022 GMC Sierra. One of those includes availability of a new Graphite Edition package on the base 2023 GMC Sierra Pro.
The biggest news is the debut of the first-ever 2023 GMC Sierra AT4X AEV Edition, which promises to push the capability of the new go-anywhere AT4X trim level to new heights. Simply put, the 2023 Sierra 1500 AT4X AEV Edition is the most off-road capable factory Sierra 1500 ever, developed with input from American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) like on the Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison and first-ever 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2 Bison. Meanwhile, the “standard” 2023 GMC Sierra AT4X received new equipment from the AEV Edition.
The fourth-generation GMC Sierra 1500 rides on the GM T1 platform. Production of the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 kicked off at the GM Fort Wayne plant in Indiana on August 20th, 2022, and at the GM Silao plant in Mexico on August 29th, 2022, for both Regular Cab and Crew Cab models, and on September 6th, 2022, for Double Cab models. The online configurator tool is now live for the 2023 Sierra 1500.
Eleven colors available, two new for 2024.
Talk about a close call.