The 2023 GMC Hummer EV Pickup is a highly capable machine, both on and off the beaten path. When optioned in the range-topping Edition 1 trim, the all-electric supertruck performs feats seldom seen from a vehicle of its size or heft. Now, GM Authority has learned that the Hummer EV3X Pickup will be available with a new 3X Launch Package.
The optional 3X Launch Package (RPO code PCU) for the GMC Hummer EV3X Pickup bundles all the features of the Extreme Off-Road Package, in addition to several more items (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
- 18-inch Black aluminum wheels with machined accents (RCS)
- LT305/70R18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires (QMG)
- Full Underbody Skid Plates (NZZ)
- Driver-selectable eLocker front differential (G93)
- Driver-selectable virtual locker rear differential (G94)
- Forward and Rearward underbody cameras (UXA)
- Black Rear D-Ring Recovery Hooks, LPO (SDA)
- Rocker Protectors with Assist Steps, LPO (S6L)
- Hard Power Retractable Tonneau Cover, LPO (5KM)
- Audio System by Kicker, LPO (SAX)
- Sky Panel Storage Set for eTrunk, LPO (SC8)
- Underseat Organizer and I-Bar Storage, LPO (VBJ)
It’s important to note that the pricing of this new package has yet to be released.
As a reminder, 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup production began late last year at the GM Factory Zero plant (née GM Detroit-Hamtramck plant) in Michigan. Output is sourced from GM Ultium batteries and GM Ultium Drive motors, with the Hummer EV Pickup Edition 1 model producing 1,000 horsepower and a stump-pulling 11,500 pound-feet torque. By comparison, the Hummer EV Pickup EV3X is powered by the same setup, but it’s rated at a slightly lower 800 horsepower 9,500 pound-feet of torque.
As for structure, the GMC Hummer EV Pickup, in addition to the GMC Hummer EV SUV, ride on GM’s dedicated “body-on-battery” or “Ulti-body” electric BT1 platform. A different version of the same architecture also underpins the upcoming Chevy Silverado EV and GMC Sierra EV.