Just last month, GM Authority expert photographers captured photos of a Torch Red 2023 Corvette Z06. However, that model wasn’t equipped with the track-focused Z07 package. Today, our eagle-eyed shooters captured another Torch Red C8 Z06, but this unit is wearing the Z07 treatment.
The model seen here is the 2023 Chevy Corvette Z06 Coupe (as opposed to the Hard Top Convertible) in Torch Red (Color Code GMO) equipped with the optional Z07 Performance Package, which includes the following content (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
- Four-wheel antilock, four-wheel disc, carbon ceramic brakes (J57)
- Dark Gray Metallic-painted calipers (J6D)
- Z07 suspension with Magnetic Selective Ride Control (FE7)
- 275/30ZR20 front and 345/25ZR21 rear Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R ultra performance tires (XFS)
The Z07 package on the C8 Z06 also requires one of the following:
- Carbon Flash-painted carbon fiber ground effects (CFZ) and Carbon Flash-painted carbon fiber high wing rear spoiler (T0F)
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects (CFV) and visible carbon fiber high wing rear spoiler (T0G)
This model is equipped with the second option – visible carbon fiber aero bits. The ensemble rides on a set of optional carbon fiber wheels (ROY), while the optional Black exhaust tips (NGA) can be seen out back. Notably, these exhaust tips are outboard, indicating that this particular example is intended for a foreign market.
For the 2023 Corvette Z06, the Torch Red hue is available with six interior colorways, but not two others.
Available interior colorways:
- Jet Black
- Sky Cool Gray
- Adrenaline Red
- Adrenaline Red Dipped
- Natural Dipped
Not available interior colorways:
- Tension Blue/ Twilight Blue Dipped
- Ceramic White with Red stitching
Chevy has been struggling with parts constraints stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, and – as GM Authority was the first to report – production of the 2023 Corvette Z06 has been heavily limited, further adding to the rarity of this desirable performance machine. In fact, the C8 Z06 is currently unavailable to order for the 2023 model year.
As a result of this, among those who were able to place an order, there’s been a huge demand for option-rich builds. As GM Authority reported in September, a majority of 2023 Corvette Z06 buyers are optioning the car to the gills.
As a reminder, the 2023 Corvette Z06 is equipped as standard with the naturally aspirated 5.5L V8 LT6 gasoline engine rated at a whopping 670 horses and 460 pound-feet of torque. Under the skin is the GM Y2 platform that underpins all C8 Corvettes, while production takes place at the GM Bowling Green plant in Kentucky.