The 2023 Chevy Camaro introduces the eighth model year for the latest sixth-generation sports car, debuting a few changes and updates over the previous 2022 model year. Now, GM Authority has learned that the 2023 Chevy Camaro’s SS 1LE Track Package is currently under constraint, with the constraint not expected to lift until October.
According to GM Authority sources, availability for the 2023 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE Track Package is now limited to 20 percent of its usual build rate, which is the result of a supplier issue. However, starting in October, the constraint is expected to lift, making the package more widely available to order.
For those readers who may be unaware, the SS 1 LE Track Performance Package for the 2023 Chevy Camaro is tagged with RPO code A1Y, and adds a range of go-faster goodies, including (relevant RPO code listed in parentheses):
- Electronic limited slip differential (G96)
- Dual-mode performance exhaust (NPP)
- Magnetic Ride Control (F55)
- Performance suspension (FE4)
- Black front splitter (FTJ)
- Satin Black hood wrap (DSM)
- Satin Black rear blade spoiler (D5S)
- 285/30R20 front, 305/30R20 rear, blackwall, summer-only tires (R0G)
- 20-inch Satin Graphite forged aluminum wheels (RSK)
- Recaro performance front bucket seats (AQJ)
- Sueded-wrapped, flat-bottom steering wheel (N26)
- Sueded-wrapped shift knob (KS9)
- Brembo Red, 6-piston front monobloc calipers, 4-piston rear calipers, 2-piece rotors, performance, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc brakes (J6M)
The SS 1LE Track Package is normally offered as optional for 2023 Chevy Camaro 1SS and 2SS trim levels, and was priced at $7,000 for the 2022 Chevy Camaro. To note, the J6M Brembo Red brakes are included for all states except California and Washington, with models sold in these two states including the Performance copper-free brake system (RPO code BCD) instead. Also of note, models equipped with the MX0 GM 10-speed automatic transmission also get the 2.85 rear axle ratio (RPO code HRD).
As a reminder, the chevy Camaro is offered with four engine options, including the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LTG gasoline engine, the naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 LGX gasoline engine, the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT1 gasoline engine, and the supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 gasoline engine. Under the skin is the GM Alpha platform. Production takes place at the GM Lansing Grand River plant in Michigan.