In case you missed it, Trifecta Performance is digging into the GM catalogue to tune for more performance, on demand. Now, we’re taking a closer look at the list Trifecta Performance tuning projects, past, present, and future.
Looking over the list, it appears as though Trifecta Performance is keen to offer upgrades for a broad variety of GM vehicles, including those beyond the usual performance suspects. For example, the tuner has already completed projects for the 2022 Chevy Malibu (turbocharged 1.5L I4 LFV gasoline engine), while working on new upgrades for models like the 2022 GMC Acadia (turbocharged 2.0L I4 LSY gasoline engine).
Additionally, Trifecta Performance has completed a tuning project for the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LTG gasoline engine under the hood of the Chevy Camaro, while working on projects for performance models like the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (twin-turbo 3.6L V6 LF4 gasoline engine), Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4), and Chevy Corvette C8 (naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2).
These last three vehicles are especially important, as all three run the latest GM Global B electrical architecture. Also known as the Vehicle Intelligence Platform, Global B offers myriad benefits for factory stock vehicles, including greater processing power, over-the-air updates, the latest digital features, and, critically, improved security. However, it’s this latter bit that’s proven to be particularly troublesome for tuners, as the high-level encryption that’s baked into the Global B platform makes tuning difficult, if not impossible.
Nevertheless, Trifecta Performance has developed a solution to these issues, becoming the first company to natively tune the C8 Corvette ECU. Rather than engage a piggyback ECU workaround like other tuning companies, Trifecta has developed a method to tune system parameters directly, including the air-to-fuel ratio, ignition timing, fuel injection, cam phasing, and the like, all of which is critical when adding power adders and other performance upgrades.
Check out the full list of Trifecta Performance tuning projects in the lists below:
- 2018 – 2022 Chevrolet Malibu with Turbo 1.5L I4 LFV engine
- 2021 – 2022 Chevrolet Camaro with Turbo 2.0L I4 LTG engine
- 2019 – 2022 Cadillac XT4, XT5, XT6 with Turbo 2.0L I4 LSY engine
- 2019 – 2022 Chevrolet Blazer with Turbo 2.0L I4 LSY engine
- 2019 – 2022 GMC Acadia with Turbo 2.0L I4 LSY engine
- 2019 – 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / GMC Sierra 1500 with Turbo 2.7L I4 L3B engine
- 2019 – 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / GMC Sierra 1500 with 5.3L V8 L82/L84 and 6.2L V8 L87 engines
- 2020 – 2022 Cadillac CT4 / CT5 with Turbo 2.0L I4 LSY engine
- 2020 – 2022 Cadillac CT4 with Turbo 2.7L I4 L3B engine
- 2020 – 2022 Cadillac CT5 with Twin-turbo 3.0L V6 LGY engine
- 2022 – 2022 Cadillac CT4 Blackwing with Twin-turbo 3.6L V6 LF4 engine
- 2022 – 2022 Cadillac CT5 Blackwing with Supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 engine
- 2020 – 2022 Chevrolet Corvette C8 with 6.2L V8 LT2 engine2021 – 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe / Suburban with 5.3L V8 L84 and 6.2L V8 L87 engines
- 2021 – 2022 GMC Yukon with 5.3L V8 L84 and 6.2L V8 L87 engines
- 2021 – 2022 Cadillac Escalade with 6.2L V8 L87 engine
- 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Limited / GMC Sierra 1500 Limited with Turbo 2.7L I4 L3B engine
- 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Limited / GMC Sierra 1500 Limited with 5.3L V8 L82/L84 and 6.2L V8 L87 engines
- 2022+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / GMC Sierra 1500 refresh with Turbo 2.7L I4 L3B engine
- 2022+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / GMC Sierra 1500 refresh with 5.3L V8 L82/L84 and 6.2L V8 L87 engines
- 2023+ Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon new generation with Turbo 2.7L I4 L3B engine