The 2022 Chevy Trax is the eleventh model year for the first-generation crossover, with a new generation slated to launch in the first half of the 2023 calendar year. Now, GM Authority has learned that all remaining 2022 Chevy Trax orders will be limited to the LT trim level.
According to GM Authority sources, the Chevy Trax will only be available to order in the LT trim level for the remainder of the 2022 model year, which means the base-level Chevy Trax LS is no longer available to order. In addition, the production mix will remain at 80 percent in favor of all-wheel drive variants, with the other 20 percent consisting of units built with a front-wheel drivetrain.
The 2022 Chevy Trax LT starts at $24,395, while upgrading to all-wheel drive will bump up the price to $25,015. Previously, the 2022 Chevy Trax LS FWD was offered at $22,595, while the 2022 Chevy Trax LS AWD was $23,215. To note, each of these prices includes a Destination Freight Charge of $1,195.
|Trim Level||Drivetrain||2022 MSRP + DFC|
As GM Authority was the first to report, production of the first-generation Chevy Trax will end later in 2022, wrapping up the long-lived crossover first introduced in 2013, and later brought to the U.S. market in 2015. Looking ahead, General Motors has confirmed that it will launch an all-new Chevy Trax for the entry-level small SUV segment. The new model is likely the Chevy crossover coupe which GM Authority reported on earlier in the year, slotting in between the Chevy Trailblazer and Chevy Tracker with regard to the Bow Tie brand’s international lineup.
According to sources familiar with the matter, the new Chevy crossover coupe mixes styling elements of the current Chevy Blazer and the Chevy Tracker, and will ride on a variant of the GM VSS-F platform. Providing the go will be a turbocharged, small-displacement gasoline engine, with front-wheel equipped as standard, and all-wheel drive offered as an optional upgrade.
For now, the 2022 Chevy Trax is equipped with the turbocharged 1.4L I4 LE2 gasoline engine, rated at 155 horsepower and 177 pound-feet of torque. Production takes place at the GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea.