The 2023 Chevy Corvette is offered as the fourth model year for the latest eighth-generation nameplate, ushering in a few changes and updates over the preceding 2022 model year. Among these is the introducing of the new 70th Anniversary Edition package, which adds in a selection of aesthetic upgrades and unique touches. Unfortunately, production of the 2023 Corvette Stingray 70th Anniversary Edition won’t kick off until mid-summer.
Production of the 2023 Corvette Stingray is underway now at the GM Bowling Green plant in Kentucky. As GM Authority covered prior, production officially began on May 23rd, 2022. Production was previously set to begin May 16th, but was delayed. Order books for the 2023 Corvette Stingray opened on April 7th.
Although production of the “regular” 2023 Corvette Stingray is now underway, the start of regular production for the 2023 Corvette Stingray 70th Anniversary Edition has yet to begin, and is currently scheduled to kick off mid-summer.
The 2023 Corvette Stingray 70th Anniversary Edition marks the 70th anniversary of the Corvette nameplate, and is tagged with RPO code Y70. The package includes a laundry list of unique equipment and upgrades, such as (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- 19-inch front/20-inch rear 20-spoke Carbon Flash-painted forged aluminum wheels with Red stripe (Q9A)
- Edge Red-painted calipers (J6N)
- Rear fascia/roof storage protector in Black with embroidered crossed flags logo (VTB)
- Ceramic White leather seating surfaces with Red stitching (HV1)
- Torch Red seat belt color (3F9)
- 70th Anniversary set of premium leather weekend / travel bags (SO1)
- 70th anniversary exterior badging and logo on wheel caps, seats, steering wheel and sill plates
- Unique VIN sequence
- LT2 engine cover in Edge Red, (RCC, Coupe body style only)
The 70th Anniversary Edition package is available as an optional extra for 3LT Coupe and 3LT Convertible models of the 2023 Corvette Stingray, as well as the 2023 Corvette Z06.
Behind the cabin, the 2023 Corvette Stingray is motivated by the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine, rated at 490 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque. Under the skin is the GM Y2 platform.