According to GM Authority sources, the 2023 Chevy Equinox will once again be offered with the Sport Edition package and the Midnight Edition package. Both packages were previously dropped for the 2022 model year.
The Sport Edition package is tagged with RPO code PDN, while the Midnight Edition package is tagged with RPO code WN5. Both packages include the following content (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- 18-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels (REY)
- 18-inch all-season blackwall tires (RUB)
- Front and rear Black bow tie emblems (CG6)
- Body-color mirror caps (DP6)
- Unique mold-in-color Black grille and mesh (TL6)
As it was prior to the discontinuation of these packages, the difference between the Sport Edition package and Midnight Edition package for the 2023 Chevy Equinox is down to the exterior paint choice, with the Midnight Edition only available in conjunction with Mosaic Black Metallic (paint code GB8). Meanwhile, the Sport Edition package is available in conjunction with every other exterior paint option.
Both packages are offered as optional on the base-level 2023 Chevy Equinox LS trim. Previously, the 2021 model-year Equinox offered these packages as optional for the LT trim level, and included the following content:
- Jet Black premium cloth interior (H1T)
- 19-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels (PJI)
- Dark finish fog lamp bezel surround (TVO)
- Unique mold-in-color Black grille and mesh with Black surround (TL6)
- Front and rear Black bow ties
Pricing and photos for the two packages offered for the 2023 Chevy Equinox are currently unavailable.
As GM Authority covered previously, the 2023 Chevy Equinox will be equipped with the new turbocharged 1.5L I4 LSD gasoline engine. This powerplant will replace the turbocharged 1.5L I4 LYX gasoline engine offered previously. Production is set to commence on August 22nd, 2022.