The 2023 Cadillac Lyriq is an important vehicle for both Cadillac and General Motors, ushering in a brand-new all-electric era for the luxury marque while also serving as the tip of the spear for GM’s electric vehicle onslaught. And starting today, those who have submitted their names to the waitlist will be given the chance to pre-order a 2024 Cadillac Lyriq.
“The amount of people on our [2023 Cadillac Lyriq] waitlist far exceeded our expectations,” Kristin Lewis, Lyriq marketing manager, explained during a presentation attended by GM Authority. She added that
The change will go into effect at noon Eastern Time on June 22nd. At the same time, all subsequent pre-orders will be moved to the 2024 model year.
As GM Authority covered previously, GM began accepting orders for the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq in May. Although called pre-orders, Cadillac considers these to be more like “reservations,” with customers handing over a refundable $100 charge to hold their spot in line. These pre-orders, which filled up quite quickly, then turn into real orders once the dealer confirms the order and various options with the customer.
With regard to Cadillac Lyriq dealer allocation, the formula will consist of two parts. Per previous GM Authority coverage, 60 percent of the formula takes into account sales for the Cadillac XT4, Cadillac XT5, and Cadillac XT6, as accumulated over the last 12 months, while the remaining 40 percent of the formula are customers who choose a specific dealer when placing an order for the Lyriq online.
As for the specs, the Cadillac Lyriq offers a few different configurations, starting with the Debut Edition, which has a single electric motor to power the rear wheels, with output rated at 340 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque, as juiced by a 12-module, 100.4 kWh battery pack. Range is set at 312 miles on a full charge. Cadillac will also offer the new Lyriq Luxury AWD trim, which features two electric motors to produce a peak output of more than 500 pound-feet of torque. Both trims incorporate the latest GM Ultium battery and GM Ultium drive motor technology.