The problem: affected vehicles may have been delivered with a front passenger seat hook attachment that was not properly welded, allowing it to separate from the inboard track of the seat frame. This problem only affects 2022 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon models equipped with a manual seat slider mechanism.
The hazards: An improperly welded seat frame may result in the occupant not being properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
The fix: GM will instruct dealer technicians to inspect the front passenger seat and replace the metal cushion frame with a new one, if necessary. These repairs will be performed at no cost to the vehicle owner.
- 2022 Chevy Colorado (with manual slide adjust only)
- 202022 GMC Canyon (with manual slide adjust only)
Number of affected vehicles: a total of 1,722 vehicles in the United States are believed to be affected by this problem. Only Colorado and Canyon trucks from the 2022 model year are affected.
Affected components: front passenger seat (with manual slide adjust only)
Owners should: owner notification letters are expected to be mailed out on July 11th, 2022. If owners are unsure whether or not their vehicle is affected by this recall, they can visit my.gm.com/
- GM recall number: N222368320
- NHTSA campaign number: 22V375000
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- GMC Customer Service: 1-800-462-8782
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153