The C8 Corvette Convertible is proving to be nearly as popular as the targa top Coupe, with drop-top models making up roughly 48 percent of the production run for the 2022 model year.
The Corvette marketing team gave their usual presentation during the recent National Corvette Museum Bash in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where they typically review the sales results from the previous Corvette model year and provide some forward-looking guidance as production of the new model year approaches.
During the presentation, Chevy confirmed that orders for the C8 Corvette Convertible accounted for 48 percent of the 2022MY production run, with the Coupe taking up the remaining 52 percent. Of those C8 Corvette Convertible models ordered, eight percent were ordered in the 1LT trim level, 40 percent were ordered in the 2LT trim level and 52 percent were ordered in the range-topping 3LT trim level. The trim level split was a bit different for the Coupe, with the 1LT accounting for 22 percent of orders, followed by the 2LT at 45 percent and 3LT at 33 percent.
Chevy offers painted Nacelles on the C8 Corvette Convertible as an option, along with a fully painted roof section. These options weren’t terribly popular among customers for the 2022 model year, with just nine percent of customers ordering the painted Nacelles and 37 percent ordering the painted roof.
Production of the 2023 Corvette Stingray is expected to commence at the GM Bowling Green plant on May 16th. It’s not clear when the new C8 Corvette Z06 will enter production at the plant, with this date only applying to the Stingray. Order books for the 2023 Corvette Stingray opened on April 7th, including for the new, limited-run 70th Anniversary Edition model.
GM sold 8,811 examples of the 2022 Corvette Stingray in Q1 2022, a 32.28 percent increase year-over-year.