The 2023 Chevy Corvette C8 is the fourth model year for the eighth-generation mid-engine sports car, introducing a few changes and updates, as well as the new 70th Anniversary Edition package. Now, however, GM Authority has learned that 2023 Chevy Corvette Stingray 70th Anniversary Edition ordering has been delayed.
According to GM Authority sources, ordering for the 2023 Corvette Stingray 70th Anniversary Edition has been held up as a result of a minor delay for the package’s wheels. As such, no Stingray 70th Anniversary Edition orders will be processed until the wheels are once again made available.
The rollers in question are the 19-inch front and 20-inch rear 20-spoke Carbon Flash-painted forged aluminum wheels with Red stripe, tagged with RPO code Q9A. These wheels are offered as an optional extra for all 2023 Chevy Corvette Stingray trims, and included as standard with the 70th Anniversary Special Edition package.
As a reminder, the 70th Anniversary Special Edition package is tagged with RPO code Y70, and includes the following content (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- 19-inch front/20-inch rear 20-spoke Carbon Flash-painted forged aluminum wheels with Red stripe (Q9A)
- Edge Red-painted calipers (J6N)
- Rear fascia/roof storage protector in Black with embroidered crossed flags logo (VTB)
- Ceramic White leather seating surfaces with Red stitching (HV1)
- Torch Red seat belt color (3F9)
- 70th Anniversary set of premium leather weekend / travel bags (SO1)
- 70TH anniversary exterior badging and logo on wheel caps, seats, steering wheel and sill plates
- Unique VIN sequence
- LT2 engine cover in Edge Red, (RCC, Coupe body style only)
The 70th Anniversary Special Edition package is available in one of two exterior colors, including White Pearl Metallic Tricoat (paint code G1W), which adds in Carbon Flash Metallic-painted outside mirrors and spoiler when equipped (RPO code ZYC), and Carbon Flash Metallic (paint code GAR).
As a reminder, the 2023 Corvette C8 Stingray is motivated by the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine, which is rated at 490 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque. Under the skin is the GM Y2 platform, with production taking place at the GM Bowling Green plant in Kentucky.