Earlier today, GM Authority brought you the first real world pictures of the refreshed 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT with the X31 Package. Now, we’re back at it with real world pictures of the refreshed 2022 GMC Sierra Pro with the X31 Package.
For those who may not know, the GMC Sierra Pro is the new name for the base-model trim in the 2022-model-year lineup, renaming the base-model dubbed the “Sierra” that was previously offered for the 2021 model year.
As for the X31 Package, this optional extra returns to the GMC Sierra 1500 lineup with the introduction of the 2022-model-year refresh. The X31 Package includes a variety of off-roading-oriented bits and pieces, and will be available on refreshed 2022 GMC Sierra Pro, SLE, Elevation, and SLT trim levels. The package requires four-wheel drive, as well as either a Double Cab or Crew Cab body configuration.
The X31 Package is essentially the GMC Sierra 1500’s equivalent to the Chevy Silverado 1500’s Z71 package, and offers the following content when equipped by the refreshed 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- Off-Road suspension
- Hill Descent Control (RPO code JHD)
- Skid plates (RPO NZZ)
- Heavy-duty air filter (RPO K47)
- X31 hard badge
- Auto-locking rear differential (Sierra Pro only) (RPO G80)
- 2-speed transfer case (Sierra Pro, SLE, SLT only) (RPO NQH)
- Rear wheelhouse liners (SLE, Elevation only) (RPO B1J)
- 18-inch 6-spoke machined aluminum wheels with Dark Grey Metallic accents (SLE only) (RPO UHN)
- 265/65R18SL all-terrain, blackwall tires (SLE, SLT only) (RPO XCK)
- 275/60R20SL all-terrain, blackwall tires (Elevation only) (RPO QAE)
- Two-speed Auto-Trac transfer case (SLE, Elevation only) (RPO NQH)
- Dual exhaust (SLE, Elevation, SLT only) (RPO N10)
Up front, the refreshed 2022 GMC Sierra Pro is equipped with standard LED headlights and daytime running lights, which are placed within a revised front fascia design. LED taillights are also standard.
The base-model 2022 GMC Sierra Pro does not include the overhauled interior like the rest of the lineup. However, it still comes equipped with the GMC Pro Safety suite of active safety technology, which includes features like Front Pedestrian Braking, Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Following Distance Indicator, and IntelliBeam.
Standard spec under the hood includes the turbocharged 2.7L I4 L3B gasoline engine, rated at 310 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque, the latter of which represents a 20-percent increase over 2021-model-year vehicles and pre-refresh 2022 Sierra Limited models. The naturally aspirated 5.3L V8 L84 is also offered, producing 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. Higher in the trim level cadence, the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 L87 gasoline engine and 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax are also available.