GM Expects The GMC Hummer EV SUV To Outsell The Pickup14
General Motors expects the GMC Hummer EV SUV to outsell the GMC Hummer EV Pickup when the vehicle goes on sale for the 2024 model year.
During a recent media call that was attended by GM Authority, Vice President of Global Buick GMC, Duncan Aldred, said the company expects the GMC Hummer EV SUV to marginally outsell the pickup, with the SUV making up 60 percent of Hummer EV sales and the pickup taking the remaining 40 percent. The pickup accounts for 70 percent of the total reservations received thus far, but seeing as the SUV will not enter production until 2023, the expected eventual demand has yet to materialize for the SUV.
As we reported this week, GM has so far generated around 125,000 “hand-raisers” for the GMC Hummer EV Pickup, along with 60,000 actual pre-orders. Customers must pay a small $100 fee to secure their pre-order for the Hummer EV SUV or Pickup.
Production of the GMC Hummer EV SUV will commence at the GM Factory Zero plant in the first quarter of 2023. The SUV shares the BT1 electric vehicle platform with the pickup, as well as the same Ultium batteries and Ultium Drive motors. The two range-topping models, the EV3X as well as the Edition 1, are rated at 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 pound-feet of wheel torque, enabling the electric super SUV to sprint from a standstill to 60 mph in roughly 3.5 seconds when in the ‘Watts To Freedom’ launch control mode.
The GMC Hummer EV SUV Edition 1 will have a starting MSRP of $105,595 (including destination charge). When equipped with the available Extreme Off-Road Package, the starting price will rise to $110,5957 with destination. The Extreme Off-Road Package, for reference, includes 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD MT tires, underbody armor and rock sliders, a front eLocker and virtual rear lockers, heavy-duty ball-spline half shafts and UltraVision exterior cameras with an underbody camera view. More than 200 accessories will also be available for the GMC Hummer EV from launch.
Subscribe to GM Authority for more GMC Hummer news, GMC news, and around-the-clock GM news coverage.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
I like the pickup way more! I honestly don’t understand what all the fuss is about about the SUV.
Question: When will we start seeing the pickup in different colors other than white? We’ve already seen the SUV in white, green, and black.
People like the covered cargo area of SUVs. Plus, the SUV varient is shorter, making it better in some off-road situations.
After Brandon drove the Hummer he chit his pants!
Let’s go Brandon!!!
I agree, the SUV should be at the better seller, but the pickup looks way better IMO…
I’m the opposite, I like the SUV way better. Not sure why either cause they really are very similar.
I’m not ready to jump into EV just yet so the Hummer isn’t on my purchase list. If so, I’d want the SUV but the truck would fit my needs so much better.
Based on previous sales of the Gas Hummers the SUV version always out sold the trucks.
We picked up a 2005 H2 this past summer with 97K and very clean. We needed the 3rd seat/row option and the wife something boxy and rugged. For $20K it was a steal considering everything else in this size, fuel range on a thankful, and overall styling. The huge sunroof and rear seat DVD mounted in the head rest were icing on the cake!
According to you guys, what is uglier among SUVs :
1. This Hummer showed
2. BMW XM or
3. GM Cadillac Lyriq
BMW XM is hideous. The hummer suv is awkward, and the lyriq is pretty decent until you see the rear. This is my personal opinion. The only one which has no meaning to the design is the XM. Everything on the lyriq and hummer are there for a reason in terms of design giving them a higher position to me.
Any Toyota SUV for number 4 😆 lol
I always liked my AVALANCHE better than my SUBURBAN.
Most pu crew cabs wheel base is to long 145”-164” , Shorter wheelbase guess 131” = better break over for us who off road , approach angle ,departure angle, rear over hang = not much damage or getting high center , off-roading v a crew cab . Like the wagon aka suv can sleep inside no need for a truck cap or buy a roof top tent . Gm authority did a article about a Avalanche based on the suburban , smaller Tahoe might work to, for us overland/car campers . EV suv some solar panels , kit out = ideal overland/car camper