General Motors has issued a product recall for certain 2021 through 2022 Chevy Silverado HD and 2021 through 2022 GMC Sierra HD vehicles due to a possible issue related to the vehicles’ brake pressure modulator valve.
The problem: in affected vehicles, the bolt which attaches the brake pressure modulator valve assembly may not be adequately tightened, and thus may fail to seal the two sub-assemblies.
The hazards: vehicles with inadequately attached brake pressure modulator valve assemblies could allow water intrusion. As a result, an electrical short circuit may occur, increasing the risk of fire.
The fix: affected vehicles will have the brake pressure modulator valve assembly replaced by their local dealer, free of charge.
Affected components: brake pressure modulator valve.
- 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- 2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
- 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- 2022 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
- 2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD
- 2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD
- 2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD
- 2022 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Number of affected vehicles: a total of 3,241 vehicles are potentially affected by this recall.
Owners should: affected owners will receive a notification letter from General Motors, which is expected to be mailed out November 15th, 2021. Affected owners are advised to park outside and away from structures until the recall repair is completed.
- GM recall number: N212349181
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- GMC Customer Service: 1-800-462-8782
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline: 1-888-327-4236