2022 Corvette Stingray: Here’s What’s New And Different11
The 2022 Corvette represents the third model year of the eighth-generation Corvette, otherwise known as the Corvette C8. As such, the mid-engined Corvette will receive a few minor changes and updates to the only C8 model currently available – the C8 Stingray.
On the outside, the 2022 Corvette sees the deletion of three exterior color options as well as the addition of three new hues:
New Exterior Colors:
- Caffeine Metallic
- Hypersonic Gray Metallic
- Amplify Orange Tintcoat
Deleted Exterior Colors:
- Zeus Bronze Metallic
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- Sebring Orange Tintcoat
The mid-engined sports car also sees the deletion of the staggered, 5-spoke Performance Pewter-painted aluminum wheels (RPO code 5DG), which were a dealer-installed (LPO-level) option.
Conversely, the 2022 Corvette sees the addition of several new LPO-level options, including:
- Low rear spoiler and front splitter
- Black Ground Effects (LPO-level item)
- Visible Carbon Fiber door intake trim (LPO-level item)
- Not available at start of production
- High wing spoiler with visible carbon fiber (LPO-level item)
- Not available at start of production
On the inside, the 2022 Corvette Stingray sees a single change: the addition of illuminated door sill plates, which are a dealer-installed option.
Under the hood, the 2022 Corvette Stingray sees slight modifications to the 6.2L V8 LT2 engine. These include updates to the fuel delivery and Active Fuel Management systems along with some minor alterations to the engine calibration. These updates were made to ensure the vehicle meets federal emissions standards.
Notably, the LT2 V8 will still produce 490 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque in standard form, or 495 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque when equipped with the optional Performance Exhaust system. These figures the same as they were for the 2020 and 2021 model years.
The 2022 Chevy Corvette also sees the introduction of the IMSA GTLM Championship Edition, which includes the following content:
- Z51 Performance Package
- Graphics packages that mimic the No. 3 Corvette C8.R and No. 4 Corvette C8.R race cars:
- The No. 3 edition features an Accelerate Yellow body with gray graphics
- The No. 4 edition has a Hypersonic Gray exterior with yellow graphics
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black-painted Trident alloy wheels with Jake logo center caps
- Carbon Flash-painted exterior mirrors
- Black-painted side rockers
- Black splash guards
- Strike Yellow and Sky Cool Gray upholstery
- GT2 seats (Competition Sport Bucket Seats are also available)
- Yellow seatbelts and a C8.R Special Edition numbered plaque
- Custom-fitted indoor car cover
- Rendered to the appearance of either the No. 3 or No. 4 Corvette C8.R race car, depending on the model
For those who are unfamiliar with the product line, the Stingray Z51 Performance Package enhances the Vette’s capabilities with the following upgrades:
- Performance brakes
- Performance suspension
- Performance exhaust
- Performance rear axle ratio
- Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD)
- Z51 rear spoiler
- Z51 front splitter
- 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear high performance tires
- Heavy-duty cooling system
2022 Chevrolet Corvette Availability
Production of the 2022 Corvette Stingray began at the GM Bowling Green plant in Kentucky during the first week of September. As such, 2022 Corvette models should already be trickling into dealers and into customers’ garages.
Looking ahead, the 2023 Corvette is expected to see a few minor updates to the Stingray, while introducing the long-awaited C8 Z06 variant.
GM To Ditch Factory-Backed Corvette Racing Team In 2024
However, Corvette Racing isn’t going anywhere.
Ford Doesn’t Need Corvette Rival, Says Bill Ford Jr.
Claiming that the Mustang serves the Blue Oval’s needs.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
I want a C8 ZO6 Convertible so bad…..maybe one day I’ll be able to get a couple year old one!!!
Very good information, I picked up my C8 Z51, last month and about to up grade to the C8.R this month. It should be arriving this week can’t wait to see it and drive it. Next in 2024 I be looking to upgrade again to the C8 Z06. I am a GM and Covette person. Love those Corvette. To me it is the number one cat in the world.
I love my Sebring Orange 2021 3LT Z51, but am very anxious to test drive the C8 Z06 when available
Wheel pictured is what comes standard , the same wheel painted black is 1k more.
The discontinued silver wheel 5D6 is not the offset 5 spoke. Probably the 3k optional Trident wheel added not exchanged wheels . You got 2 sets.
Ok I am looking at the new corvettes. I have never had one but seen the new string rays on the road. The convertible would be my choice. Is it cheaper to buy a brand new one or a used one.
I hope there is an another option to yellow/gray/black upholstery.
All old news already!
That yellow and black is kind of ugly. I prefer a solid color and no stripes on the hood or rear deck.