The 2022 Chevy Traverse arrives with a mid-cycle enhancement for the crossover’s second-generation, bringing a number of changes to the model’s exterior and interior. Among these changes is the deletion of three of the model’s wheel options.
- 20-inch Dark Android painted aluminum wheels (SS9)
- 20-inch Argent Metallic machine faced aluminum wheels (Q6T)
- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels (SN6)
The three wheels will be replaced with the introduction of five new alloy wheel designs, specifically one 18-inch wheel, and four 20-inch wheels. These include:
- 18-inch Bright Silver-painted aluminum wheels (PZW)
- 20-inch Dark aluminum wheels (SUW)
- 20-inch Metallic machined-face aluminum wheels (SUU)
- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels (Q9W)
- 20-inch chrome aluminum wheels (RZR), includes chrome with chrome bowtie wheel center caps (RXH)
The mid-cycle enhancement that debuts with the 2022 Chevy Traverse was originally scheduled to drop for the 2021 model year. However, due to complications and delays arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, the refresh was delayed to the 2022 model year.
Further updates for the 2022 model year include new exterior styling with a revised front end, new lighting elements, a new grille, and a new front bumper. A trio of new exterior paint colors is also offered, including Cherry Red Tintcoat, Northsky Blue Metallic, and Silver Sage Metallic, which replace Cajun Red Tintcoat, Satin Steel Metallic, and Graphite Metallic.
Inside the cabin, the 2022 Chevy Traverse is equipped with the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus audio system, with Buckle To Drive included as standard.
Under the hood, the 2022 Chevy Traverse is motivated by the naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 LFY gasoline engine, rated at 310 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque. The ‘six connects to a nine-speed automatic transmission, which feeds either the front wheels as standard, or all four wheels as an optional upgrade.