General Motors has issued a service bulletin to address a problem related to the front camera calibration in certain examples of the 2021 model year Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV.
The problem: affected vehicles may have had an accessory front grille installed without the proper front-facing camera software calibrations being made at the same time.
The hazards: the camera software calibration will not be appropriate for the camera mounting orientation on the grille, affecting its ability to perform as designed.
The fix: GM dealer technicans will be instructed to inspect the accessory front grille and, if required, reprogram the video processing module.
Affected components: front-facing camera video processing module (VPM), front facing camera.
Number of affected vehicles: GM did not say how many vehicles are affected by this particular problem.
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade (Premium Luxury trim with dealer installed Bright Sport Mesh Grille or Premium Luxury Platinum with Bright Sport Mesh Grille)
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade ESV (Premium Luxury trim with dealer installed Bright Sport Mesh Grille or Premium Luxury Platinum with Bright Sport Mesh Grille)
Next steps: customers will likely be contacted by General Motors and instructed to make an appointment with their dealership to have the above mentioned repairs completed. The service bulletin will expire at the end of the involved vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty period. This service bulletin was issued in September 2021. As noted previously, this service bulletin only affects certain Cadillac Escalade and extended-wheelbase Cadillac Escalade ESV models equipped with the optional dealer installed Bright Sport Mesh grille.
- General Motors Service Bulletin Number: N212335280
- Cadillac U.S. vehicle help number: 1-800-333-4223 (Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. EST)
- General Motors Owner Center: 1-877-248-2080 (Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. EST)