The 2022 Chevy Blazer arrives as the fourth model year of the latest Chevy Blazer crossover, introducing a number of changes and updates over the preceding 2021 model year. Among these is the deletion of numerous LPO-level options.
The following features are deleted from the Blazer’s options list with the introduction of the latest 2022 Chevy Blazer. Each was previously offered as an LPO-level option, which means they were installed at the dealer, rather than at the factory when the vehicle was originally produced. Each of the deleted features is listed with former availability and relevant RPO code in parentheses:
- Cargo Essentials Package (was optional on RS and Premier, required Floor rail system) (PDL)
- Floor rail system (was optional on RS and Premier) (RAE)
- Interior Luxury Package (was optional on all trim levels except L) (PCK)
- Cargo flex divider (was optional RS and Premier) (RVO)
- Premium carpeted floor mats (was optional on all trim levels except L) (VYW)
- Embroidered front row headrests (was optional on all trim levels except L) (S03)
- Rear seat infotainment system without DVD player (was optional on all trim levels except L) (SR2)
- Rear seat infotainment system with DVD player (was optional on all trim levels except L) (SR3)
- Keyless entry keypad (was optional on all trim levels except L) (RDI)
In addition to the deletion of the above-listed features, the 2022 Chevy Blazer also ushers in a trim level reorganization, deleting the base-level L trim and second-tier 1LT. As such, the new trim level starts with the LT (2LT and 3LT), followed by the RS and the Premier.
The available paint colors also gets a few revisions with the 2022 model year, including deletion of Bright Blue Metallic (paint code GLT) and Midnight Blue Metallic (paint code GLU), and the addition of Nitro Yellow Metallic (paint code GCP) and Blue Glow Metallic (paint code GHT).
As for the powertrain, 2022 Chevy Blazer 2LT models now equip the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LSY gasoline engine as standard, and no longer offers the naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 LGX gasoline engine. The naturally aspirated 2.5L I4 LCV gasoline engine has also been deleted.