The Shock and Steel Special Edition Package has returned on the 2022 Chevy Camaro.
Tagged with RPO code B2E, the Shock and Steel Special Edition package will be offered as optional equipment on the 2022 Chevy Camaro in the 2LT, 3LT and 2SS trim level. The equipment package will also be available on both the coupe and convertible body styles.
For those readers who not be familiar, the Shock and Steel Special Edition package for the Chevy Camaro includes the following equipment:
- 20″ blade design aluminum wheels (RPO Q7F)
- Carbon Flash-painted outside mirrors
- Center stripe (Silver when Rapid Blue is ordered; Shock when Black, Satin Steel Metallic or Summit White is ordered)
- Fuel filler door in Black with visible carbon fiber insert (RPO VQL)
- Yellow-painted calipers (RPO J6E)
- Black sueded knee pads (RPO S0U)
- Carbon fiber instrument panel moldingPremium carpeted floor mats (RPO 3DL)
- Premium carpeted floor mats (RPO VYW)
Additionally, when ordered with the 2LT and 3LT trim level, the Shock and Steel Special Edition package will include the RS Package (RPO WRS), rear stanchion spoiler (RPO D5Z) and Brembo 4-piston front, performance brakes (RPO J55). The package cannot be combined with the available Redline Package (RPO WBL) or the SS 1LE Track Performance Package (RPO A1Y).
The available exterior colors for the Shock and Steel Special Edition package have also changed for 2022. Whereas the 2021 Camaro Shock and Steel Special Edition could only be ordered in Black, Satin Steel Metallic or Summit White, the 2022MY will also be offered in Rapid Blue. The Rapid Blue exterior color is a new addition to the Camaro’s color palette and was first previewed on the Daytona 500 NASCAR pace car back in February of this year.
Pricing for the 2022 Chevy Camaro Shock and Steel Special Edition has not yet been announced. For reference, the package cost $4,395 USD to equip on a 2021MY Chevy Camaro coupe in the 2SS trim level.