Pickup enthusiasts interested in taking their truck into the rough stuff can outfit the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the Diesel Off-Road Package, as featured in the following GM Authority spotlight.
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Diesel Off-Road package is tagged with RPO code B4U, and is available on LT trim levels with a Double Cab, Crew Cab / Short Bed body configuration, as well as Crew Cab / Standard Bed configuration. The package is also offered with the RST trim for Crew Cab / Standard Bed configurations only.
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Diesel Off-Road package requires the 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax engine, which is rated at 277 horsepower at 3,750 rpm and 460 pound-feet of torque at 1,500 rpm. The diesel engine connects to a 10-speed automatic transmission (MQB). The package also requires 4WD and the Z71 Off-Road Package. It costs $1,595 for LT Double Cab models, and $2,295 all the remaining three configurations.
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Diesel Off-Road package includes the following content (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- 3.73 axle ratio (GT4)
- LT275/65R18C MT Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac blackwall tires (R3O)
- Hard-folding tonneau cover (VOZ)
- Chrome assist steps (BVT)
Note that the Chrome assist steps (RPO code BVT) are only included with Crew Cab models.
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Diesel Off-Road package is not available with the following packages and options:
- (NHT) Max Trailering Package
- Snow Plow Prep Package (VYU)
- Rally Edition for RST trim (STH)
- Z71 Off-Road and Protection Package (PDZ)
- 20-inch aluminum wheels with Argent metallic pockets (RD4)
- 275/60R20 all-season, blackwall tires (QAB)
- 275/60R20SL all-terrain, blackwall tires (QAE)
- Any other assist step or tonneau cover
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 is the final model year before General Motors unveils a full vehicle refresh for the 2022 model year. The refreshed 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 will introduce a long list of changes and updates, including a new exterior design, a completely overhauled interior, and new technology features.