As GM Authority covered back in January, all dealer-installed 22-inch GM wheels were previously unavailable to order, including six optional wheels offered for the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup truck. Now, however, three of those wheels are once again available to order.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 22-inch wheels which are once again available to order include (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- 22-inch six-spoke Low Gloss Black wheels with machines accents (SEV)1
- 22-inch Dark Silver aluminum wheels with Chrome inserts (SEW) 2
- 22-inch High Gloss Black wheels (SGW) 2
- Available again on LTZ and High Country, but not on LT and RST as before.
- Available again on LT, RST, LTZ, and High Country trim levels.
Note that there is still limited availability for the 22-inch six-spoke Low Gloss Black wheels (SEV) based on the trim level selected, as denoted above.
The following 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 22-inch wheels are still unavailable to order:
- 22-inch Carbon Flash metallic wheels (SEZ)
- 22-inch Bright Chrome wheels (SF0)
- 22-inch Bright Chrome wheels (SF1)
Back in January, GM Authority exclusively reported on the 22-inch GM wheel shortage, which affects not only the LPO-level wheels for the Chevy Silverado 1500, but also the LPO-level wheels the GMC Sierra 1500, Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Suburban, GMC Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade.
The wheel shortage stems from constraints in the supply chain, with sources familiar with the matter telling GM Authority in March that while the 22-inch wheels in question have shipped to the U.S, many are still sitting in containers in the port of Los Angeles waiting to clear customs.
To note, LPO-level accessories are shipped to and installed by the dealer, rather than at the factory where the vehicle in question was originally produced.