Cadillac Canada sales increased 85 percent to 3,753 units during the first quarter of 2021 which, according to GM Canada, is the brand’s best Q1 result ever, beating the previous record set way back in 1979.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 198 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales increased 233.67 percent to 297 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 86.46 percent to 5 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 126.37 percent to 498 units
- Cadillac Escalade ESV sales increased 80.02 percent to 180 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 47.48 percent to 935 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 83.67 percent to 1,181 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales increased 91.6 percent to 456 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 75 percent to 3 units
Sales Results - Q1 2021 - Canada - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q1 2021 / Q1 2020||Q1 2021||Q1 2020|
The GM Authority Take
Cadillac Canada sales saw an impressive increase during the first quarter of 2021. Not only does this performance represent the third consecutive quarter that Cadillac sales have increased in the Canadian market, but it beat the brand’s previous Q1 record that was set 42 years ago, when it was selling passengers cars such as the Seville, the Coupe de Ville, the Sedan de Ville, the Brougham and the Eldorado.
Thanks to these sales increases of the past three quarters (Q3 and Q4 2020, and Q1 2021), Cadillac can claim to be the fastest-growing luxury brand in the country.
The sales increases were reflected across Cadillac’s current lineup in Canada, with double- and even triple-digit gains in some cases. The Cadillac XT5 picked up where it left off at the end of 2020 as the brand’s best-selling model overall, with a year-over-year sales jump of 84 percent, while the XT6 enjoyed an increase of 92 percent and the XT4 saw its sales rise by 47 percent compared to Q1 2020. In fact, the only models with sales decreases were the discontinued CTS and XTS sedan.
As for the all-new Cadillac Escalade, sales more than doubled compared to the first quarter of 2020, with a total of 678 deliveries combined the regular and extended Escalade ESV variants, and the automaker can hardly keep with consumer demand.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Canada sales for Q1 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Q1 2021 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q1 2021 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales January 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales February 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales March 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales January 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales February 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales March 2021