The 2022 Chevy Camaro will discontinue the 1LE Track Performance Package for the LT models when it goes into production this summer, GM Authority has learned.
Introduced for the 2016 model year, the 1LE Track Pack was developed with one purpose: to give Chevy‘s sixth-generation muscle car more capability at the track by including the following features and equipment.
- Extra capacity track-cooling package with external engine oil, rear differential and transmission oil coolers
- Brembo 4-piston front brake calipers
- Mechanical Limited-slip differential with 3.27 ratio
- Camaro SS fuel system for higher-load cornering capability
- FE3 suspension components (from the “regular” Camaro SS), including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
- Dual-mode exhaust system
- Auxiliary engine coolant (only on 3.6L LGX V6 engine)
- Black front splitter
- Unique high flow upper and lower grille with satin black accents
- Satin Black hood wrap
- Satin Black front splitter
- Unique Satin Black rear spoiler
- Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40R20 front tires and 275/35R20 rear summer-only run-flat tires
- Black lightweight 20-inch forged aluminum wheels measuring 20″ x 8.5″ front and 20″ x 9.5″ rear
- RS badging
- RS lighting
- Sueded flat-bottom steering wheel
- Sueded short-throw shifter
- Available Recaro seats
- Available PDR video/data recording system
The LT 1LE Track Performance package was originally introduced for the 2017 Camaro in conjunction with the 3.6L V6 LGX engine. The package was expanded to the turbocharged 2.0L I-4 LTG engine for the 2019 Camaro, creating the first-ever Camaro Turbo 1LE. No matter the engine, the LT 1LE Track Pack required the six-speed manual transmission. For the 2021 Camaro, the package was available on 1LT, 2LT, 3LT trims, and only on the Coupe (not on the Convertible).
Despite the deletion of the Camaro 1LE Track Pack for the LT models, the Camaro still offers 1LE packages for the Camaro SS (as the SS 1LE Track Performance Package) and for the ZL1 (as the ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package). Both of those packages, however, feature different content and equipment compared to the LT 1LE Track Performance Package.
The 2022 Chevy Camaro will also see several minor changes, including the deletion of at least two existing colors, the introduction of two new exterior hues, and a few other minor changes.