Over the next few days, GM Authority will be behind the wheel of the 2021 Cadillac CT5-V. The CT5 indirectly replaced the ATS Sedan (and the ATS-L Sedan in China), slotting into the D-segment to rival the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
The current Cadillac CT5 is built on the GM Alpha platform at the GM Lansing Grand River plant in Michigan. The general architecture is shared with the first-gen Cadillac CT4 as well as the sixth-gen Chevy Camaro.
The CT5-V is the new performance-oriented model that slots between the “regular” CT5 as well as the range-topping CT5-V Blackwing. In that space, it competes directly with the BMW M340i, Mercedes-AMG C43, and Audi S4/S5.
The CT5-V is powered by the twin-turbo 3.0L V6 LGY engine rated at 360 horsepower and 405 pound-feet of torque. It’s mated exclusively to GM’s 10-speed automatic transmission. Our model drives the rear wheels, though all-wheel drive is optional.
Our 2021 Cadillac CT5-V is coated in Rift Metallic – an optional ($625) color that’s new for the 2021 model year and one that’s also exclusive to the CT5-V. The interior is finished in Sedona Sauvage with Jet Black Accents, which is exclusive to the Platinum Package.
Our tester is loaded to the brim with nearly all the options, including:
Premium Package ($5,290):
- Lighting Package
- Illuminating front sill plates
- LED front cornering lamps
- Navigation & Bose Premium Audio Package
- Cadillac user experience with embedded navigation
- Bose Performance Series 15-speaker premium audio system
- Wireless Phone Charging
- Climate Package
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
- Automatic heated steering wheel
- Ventilated driver and front passenger seats
- Technology Package
- 12-inch diagonal HD color reconfigurable driver cluster
- Head-Up Display
Platinum Package ($6,290):
- Ultraview Sunroof
- Semi-aniline leather seats
- Parking Package
Driver Assist and Advanced Security Package ($1,950):
- Auto seat belt tightening
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Steering column lock control
- Locking fuel door
- Door lock and latch shields
- Locking wheel lugs
- Enhanced automatic emergency braking
- Self-powered theft-deterrent alarm system
- Vehicle inclination sensor
- Vehicle interior movement sensor
- Reverse automatic braking
Driver Awareness Plus Package ($500):
All that comes out to a $47,795 standard vehicle price plus $14,495 in options, for a total vehicle price of $63,445.
So, if there’s anything you want to know about the Cadillac CT5-V beyond the specs, ask us in the comments section below, and we’ll reply as soon as possible.
Ready… set… go!