The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing offers two optional carbon-fiber packages, dubbed Carbon Fiber 1 Package (CF1 Pkg) and Carbon Fiber 2 Package (CF2 Pkg). Here’s a look at the components included in each, along with pricing info:
Carbon Fiber 1 Package – $4,100
- Front splitter
- Front wheel well deflectors
- Rear extra aero spoiler
Carbon Fiber 2 Package – $5,230
- Grille header
- Rocker moldings
- Rocker extensions
- Rear valance diffuser
- Requires Carbon Fiber 1 Package
Those looking to order their very own Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing should be aware that the Carbon Fiber 2 Package cannot be ordered without the Carbon Fiber 1 Package, meaning that the total cost is $9,330 for those who want to max-out the carbon fiber goodness. There’s also the possibility that customers may be able to order individual components from each package down the line a-la-carte and install them on the vehicle after taking delivery. However, this often ends up being more expensive than purchasing the items in conjunction with the vehicle.
Let’s compare what visual impact the standard and two optional packages have on the vehicle.
While the carbon fiber components can be seen as a cosmetic enhancement, the performance aspect is arguably more important. According to Cadillac, the wind-tunnel-tested carbon fiber packages can reduce lift by 75 percent compared to the model with standard aero.
The improvements offered by the carbon fiber packages build on the aerodynamic enhancements already made to the CT5-V Blackwing over its indirect predecessor, the third-generation CTS-V. For instance, intake airflow is improved by 46 percent compared to the CTS-V. Other improvements include:
- New primary mesh grille design that improves airflow over the previous generation.
- The mesh pattern is refined to include secondary reeds that influence backdraft angles, directing airflow to the main radiators, cooler and airflow ducts.
- Larger secondary grilles that direct airflow to the auxiliary charge coolers, while the smaller front lower grilles reduce pressure while channeling airflow into brake-cooling ducts.
- A front splitter that reduces lift to help keep the car planted when cornering at higher speeds.
- A rear spoiler that balances the effect of the front splitter to help maintain rear-wheel traction at higher speeds.
- Mid-body panels that improve underbody aerodynamics.
- Underbody panels that are designed with airflow-channeling strakes dubbed “the underwing” which support the cars’ aero-efficiency and track capability.
- Rocker extensions and a rear valence diffuser that dissipate turbulent air and continue the grounded look established by the front splitter.
The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing made its official debut on February 1st, 2021 via an online stream. The model is powered by GM’s supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 engine making 668 horsepower and 659 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, while a ten-speed automatic is optional.
The first 250 reservations of the CT5-V Blackwing sold out within mere minutes. The ultra-high-performance luxury sedan is set to go into production this July.
They cost $595, but there’s a way of getting them for free. The surprise is revealed during the ignition procedure.
CT5-V Blackwing News
They cost $595, but there’s a way of getting them for free.
The surprise is revealed during the ignition procedure.