Chevrolet Brazil sales decreased 29 percent to 338,549 units during the complete 2020 calendar year. The figures place GM as the second-largest automaker in the country and Chevrolet as the country’s best-selling automobile brand of the year.
Model Sales – 2020 Calendar Year
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales increase 1442.86 percent to 108 unit
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decrease 25.05 percent to 120 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 95.86 percent to 542 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 48.24 percent to 11,983 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales increased 3.93 percent to 4,812 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 46.87 percent to 6,654 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales decreased 18.4 percent to 218,743 units
- Onix hatchback sales totaled 135,351 units
- Onix Plus sedan sales totaled 83,392 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales decreased 98.6 percent to 1,031 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales decreased 17.17 percent to 26,639 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales decreased 44.78 percent to 15,661 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales increased 202.28 percent to 49,372 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 16.01 percent to 2,822 units
Sales Results - December 2020 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||DEC 2020 / DEC 2019||DECEMBER 2020||DECEMBER 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The GM Authority Take
The decline in Chevrolet Brazil sales during the 2020 calendar year follows a substantial increase in sales volume in 2019, which also doubles as the brand’s highest sales figure in the Brazilian market since 2015. As was the case for the majority of brands in Brazil and throughout South America, the primary reason for the contraction were the logistical and economic difficulties imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The health crisis also negatively affected the demand for vehicles in the Brazilian market, resulting in a loss of volume in most of the models that Chevrolet offers in the country – including the Chevrolet Onix best-seller. The highly-successful subcompact car was prevented from further expanding its leadership position with the arrival of the second-generation model, as GM, along with industry analysts had anticipated. However, Chevrolet did manage to maintain its position as the best-selling automobile brand in Brazil for the fifth consecutive year.
By contrast, the new Chevrolet Tracker managed to drastically increase its sales volume in the Brazilian market, despite the negative impact of the pandemic. The all-new subcompact crossover achieved its highest sales record in Brazil with 49,372 units sold in 2020, making it the brand’s second-most popular model and the fastest-growing nameplate in the South American nation.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for 2019 year, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM 2020 sales reports:
- GM 2020 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales 2020 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales 2020 U.S.A.
- Buick sales 2020 U.S.A.
- GMC sales 2020 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales 2020
- Chevrolet Canada sales 2020
- Cadillac Canada sales 2020
- Buick Canada sales 2020
- GMC Canada sales 2020
- GM China sales 2020
- Chevrolet China 2020 sales
- Buick China 2020 sales
- Cadillac China 2020 sales
- GM Brazil sales 2020 (this page)
- GM Argentina sales 2020
- GM South Korea sales 2020
- Chevrolet South Korea 2020 sales
- Cadillac South Korea 2020 sales
- GM Russia sales 2020
- GM 2020 sales U.S.A.