General Motors has introduced a new SLT Premium Package for the 2021 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, which includes a variety of popular optional content for the full-size SUVs, including a sunroof and heated second-row seats.
The SLT Premium Package (RPO RGD) includes a Panoramic Sunroof (RPO C3U) and all of the content in the SLT Luxury Package (RPO WPL). The SLT Luxury Package includes the following optional equipment (relevant RPO code listed in parentheses):
- HD Surround Vision (UV2)
- Rear Pedestrian Alert (UKK)
- Power tilt and telescopic steering column (N38)
- Memory settings for power driver seat, outside mirrors and power tilt/telescopic steering column (A45)
- Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming mirrors (DXR)
- Automatic heated leather-wrapped steering wheel (KI3)
- Second row heated outboard seats (KA6)
- Second row power-release 60/40 split-folding bench seats (ATT)
- Third row power 60/40 split-folding bench seats (AS8)
The SLT Premium Package will cost $3,530, which is how much the SLT Luxury Package ($2,030) and Panoramic Sunroof ($1,500) cost when ordered together separately. However, as these lines are being written, GMC is offering a $400 discount on the package.
As such, a GMC Yukon SLT with 2WD, the base 5.3L L84 V8 engine and the SLT Premium Package would cost $62,225, while the same vehicle with 4WD would come in at $65,225. An identically equipped GMC Yukon XL would cost $64,925 with 2WD and $67,925 with 4WD.
This package essentially replaces the SLT Luxury Plus package, which will no longer be offered for the 2021 model year GMC Yukon. The SLT Premium Package includes all of the same content as the SLT Luxury Plus package, but does not include the Max Trailering Package. The latter is still available separately at a cost of $565 and includes the following:
- ProGrade Trailering System (ZL6)
- Enhanced cooling radiator (V03)
- 2-speed active transfer case for 4WD models
The 2021 Yukon is offered with three engine options, including the aforementioned 5.3L V8 L84 base engine producing 355 horsepower, the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 L87 producing 420 horsepower, and the 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax engine producing 277 horsepower. All engines connect to a GM 10-speed automatic transmission and both RWD and 4WD are available.