Officially known as the XT5 Coachbuilder Funeral Hearse, the vehicle is assigned RPO code BQ9. It will be powered by the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LSY gasoline engine rated at 235 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. This motor will drive either the front wheels or all four through GM’s nine-speed automatic transmission.
The vehicle will ship with 18-inch six-split spoke alloy wheels with Pearl Nickel finish (Q6Y) wrapped in P235/65R18 all-season H-rated blackwall tires (QMV). It will have LED headlights (T4L), IntelliBeam automatic high beam on/off (TQ5) and a power liftgate with programmable memory height (TB5).
In addition, the Cadillac XT5 hearse will be offered in the following colors:
- Crystal White Tricoat (G1W)
- Satin Steel Metallic (G9K)
- Stellar Black Metallic (GB8)
- Wilder Metallic (GED)
- Shadow Metallic (GJI)
- Garnet Metallic (GLR)
- Dark Moon Blue Metallic (GLU)
- Infrared Tintcoat (GSK)
Inside, the Cadillac XT5 hearse will be equipped with the following features:
- Leatherette seats (AR9)
- Jet Black interior (with all exterior paint colors) (H2G)
- Eight-way power driver seat adjuster (AR9)
- Heated driver and front passenger seats (KA1)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel (NP5)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control (CJ2)
- Cadillac User Experience infotainment system with 8-inch touchscreen, four USB ports, NFC mobile device pairing and Connected Apps (IOS)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration (PPW)
- SiriusXM with 360L with trial subscription (U2K)
- Bose premium eight-speaker system (UQA)
- Adaptive Remote Start (BTV)
Additionally, the Cadillac XT5 hearse will have the following active safety equipment as standard:
- Following Distance Indicator (UE4)
- Forward Collision Alert (UEU)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (UHY)
- Front Pedestrian Braking (UKJ)
- HD Rear Vision Camera (UVB)
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning (UHX)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (UE1)
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (VV4)
- Safety Alert Seat (HS1)
- Front and Rear Park Assist (UD5)
The XT5 hearse will be joined by the aforementioned XT5 limo as part of the reborn Cadillac Professional Vehicles lineup. That duty was previously handled by the XTS – which was available as a limo, stretch limo and hearse, among other configurations – prior to its discontinuation. Perhaps the most famous XTS hearse was the one which carried 41st U.S. President George H.W. Bush to his memorial service in December of 2018.
From what we know thus far, the vehicle will be built by GM and shipped to upfitters / coachbuilders for final completion, as required by the final customers.
“The vehicles are upfitted by after market companies and there is not much else we can share at the moment,” Assistant Manager of Cadillac communications, Whitney Lewis, told to GM Authority executive editor Alex Luft in a statement.
The XT5 hearse has yet to be officially announced, so pricing info is not yet available, but we should have more details in the near future, so stay glued and subscribe to GM Authority for more Cadillac XT5 news, Cadillac news and around-the-clock GM news coverage.
Before signing off, we feel obliged to highlight the fact that the photos of the extended-length XT5 you see in this article are of a mule, so it’s not how the final vehicle will look like.