Six optional assist steps offered as dealer-fitted (LPO) options for the 2021 GMC Sierra HD pickup truck are currently unavailable to order individually due to constraints in the supply chain, GM Authority has learned from sources close to the matter.
The most seriously affected truck is the entry-level model, which is currently missing three assist steps, followed by the SLE (two) and the SLT and AT4 (one each). The range-topping Denali is not affected at all.
|Black Power-Retractable Assist Steps With LED Perimeter Lighting||B3L||Factory||A5|
|Power-Retractable Assist Steps With LED Perimeter Lighting||BRS||Factory||A7,8|
|Chrome Tubular Assist Steps, 6" Rectangular||BVQ||Factory||A1||A1,3,4||S9,10|
|Black Tubular Assist Steps, 6" Rectangular||RVQ||Dealer||A|
|Black Tubular Assist Steps, 4" Round||RVS||Dealer||A|
|Off-Road Black Assist Steps||S6L||Dealer||A|
|Black Work Assist Steps||VQO||Dealer||A|
|Chromed Tubular Assist Steps, 6" Rectangular||VXH||Dealer||A2||A2,3,4|
|Chromed Tubular Assist Steps, 4" Round||VXJ||Dealer||A2|
|AT4 High Clearance Step||VXW||Dealer||A6|
- Requires Crew Cab model
- Included with Assist Step And Floor Liner Package (PDR)
- Included with SLT Premium Package (PDB)
- Included with Texas Edition SLT Premium Package (PDC)
- Requires and only available with AT4 Premium Plus Package (PDG)
- Included with AT4 Premium Plus Package (PDG)
- Requires Denali Ultimate Package (PEC) and replaces 6 Chrome Rectangular Assist Steps (BVQ)
- Included with Denali Black Diamond Edition (JSE)
- Not available with Denali Black Diamond Edition (JSE)
- Not available with Power-Retractable Assist Steps with LED Perimeter Lighting (BRS)
The table above shows the normal availability for the entire GMC Sierra HD range. The assist steps which cannot be ordered at present are as follows:
- Black Tubular Assist Steps, six-inch rectangular (RVQ)
- Black Tubular Assist Steps, four-inch round (RVS)
- Off-Road Black Assist Steps (S6L)
- Black Work Assist Steps (VQO)
- Chromed Tubular Assist Steps, six-inch rectangular (VXH)
- Chromed Tubular Assist Steps, four-inch round (VXJ)
These items are still shown on the GMC Sierra HD configurator page on the GMC website, but this might not be the case for much longer.
On a more positive note, both sets of Chromed Tubular assist steps should still be available as part of the Assist Step and Floor Liner Package (RPO code PDR) offered in the SLE and SLT trim levels. Priced at $895, this package includes the customer’s choice of six-inch rectangular or four-inch round assist steps plus a set of all-weather floor liners.
The six-inch rectangular Chromed Tubular assist steps shown on this page are also included in the more comprehensive SLT Premium Package (RPO code PDB) and Texas Edition SLT Premium Package (RPO code PDC) which, as their names suggest, are available only with the SLT trim level.