As GM Authority recently reported, Chevrolet has opened the order banks for the Shock and Steel Special Edition of the 2021 Chevy Camaro. The move represents a reversal of an earlier decision to delete the package for the 2021 model year.
Offered as a package on 2LT, 3LT, and 2SS models, the Shock and Steel Special Edition features several visual enhancements to the exterior and interior of the Camaro, and our photo outlines the interior upgrades, including:
- Camaro-shaped badge on the lower part of the steering wheel
- Carbon fiber instrument panel molding
- Black suede knee pads and door handle inserts
- Camaro-branded premium carpeted floor mats mats with silver edges
The door inserts are finished in Gloss Black as standard on the Shock and Steel Edition, though Dark Night can also be optioned when the Lighting and Convenience Package (ZN2) is ordered.
Finally, the photo also shows illuminated sill plates, which are included in the aforementioned Convenience and Lighting package.
The Camaro Shock and Steel Special Edition also features various exterior styling enhancements, including:
- 20-inch Blade Design aluminum wheels
- Carbon Flash-painted sideview mirrors
- Carbon Flash-painted center stripe and surrounding stripe in Silver or Shock colors
- Stripe is finished in Silver when Shock is ordered
- Stripe is finish in Shock when Black, Satin Steel Metallic or Summit White is ordered
- Body-color high wing spoiler (Coupe only)
- Spoiler stripe
- Black fuel filler door with visible carbon fiber insert
- Yellow-painted brake calipers
- Camaro decals on the hood
- Camaro decal near the driver’s-side tail light
On 2LT and 3LT models, Shock and Steel also includes the RS Package, which includes dark tint LED tail lamps, RS-specific grilles, Black front and rear bowties, and (D80) decklid-mounted lip spoiler.
GM Authority was first to report on the arrival of the Shock and Steel package in 2019, well before the official General Motors announcement. The Bow Tie brand made it available on the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro before briefly deleting it for 2021 model year. The package is now back for the 2021 Camaro, with an expanded availability of colors.
The Shock and Steel package is the same in the 2021 model year as it was for the 2020 Camaro. The muscle car itself, however, has changed slightly, gaining new features such as wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, newfound availability of the ten-speed automatic transmission with the SS 1LE Track Performance package, a new Wild Cherry Tintcoat exterior color for the Wild Cherry Design package which, like Shock and Steel Special edition, bundles together several interior and exterior styling enhancements.