The video, set to an upbeat tune, shows Carhartt products being produced and used in their workplace setting, as the Silverado Carhartt Special Edition hangs out nearby.
“The uniform of hard work now available in a truck. Bow Tie included,” says the narrator.
View this post on Instagram
Available on the 2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab with the optional Z71 Off-Road Package, the Silverado HD Carhartt Special Edition was confirmed for production following a positive response to the 2017 Chevy Silverado Carhartt concept vehicle which was displayed at the 2016 SEMA show in Las Vegas. The 2021 model year production version made its debut at SEMA in November 2019.
Carhartt is a clothing company founded in 1889 by Hamilton Carhartt and is still run by his descendants from its headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan. The company specializes in clothing for men, women and children including jackets, fleeces, hoodies, hats, boots, socks and gloves, among other products.
Carhartt’s reputation for making rugged workwear made the business an obvious partner for the Silverado, as GM Authority was first to explain.
The 2021 Chevy Silverado HD Carhartt Special Edition includes the following features:
- Mosaic Black Metallic grille bar with “CHEVROLET” script
- Chrome grille inserts with Z71 badge
- Black Z71 badges
- Black skid plate
- Black beltline moldings
- Black bowtie on horn pad
- Painted mirror caps
- Painted door handles
- Body-color front bumper
- Body-color rear bumper
- Black hood vent surround
- Carhartt badging on doors and tailgate
- Exterior pinstriping in Carhartt Gold
- Carhartt interior trim (including stitching and seat panels)
- Carhartt embroidered headrests
- All-weather floor liners with Carhartt logo
- Soft roll-up tonneau cover with Carhartt logo
- Roof marker lamps
- 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with Grazen Metallic painted accents (Q86)
- LT275/65R20 all-terrain blackwall tires
- Chevytec spray-on bedliner
- Safety Alert Seat
- 4-inch Black assist steps (LPO-level items)
As GM Authority was first to report, the package is priced at $3,585, but other items have to be added at the same time, bringing the total package price increase over a regular 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ to $8,370.