The problem: impacted vehicles may have received incorrect catalytic converter parts.
The hazards: affected vehicles do not meet all emission system requirements.
The fix: dealers are to inspect the catalytic converter and replace if the correct part was not installed.
Affected components: catalytic converter.
- 2020 Buick Encore GX with turbocharged 1.2L I-3 LIH
- 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer with turbocharged 1.2L I-3 LIH
Number of affected vehicles: 96.
Owners should: owners are advised to wait for GM to get in contact with them, at which point they will be instructed to make an appointment at a dealership. The recall was announced on September 18th, 2020. Owners can contact Chevrolet customer service or Buick customer service using the contact information below.
- NHTSA campaign number: to be announced.
- GM recall number: A202317281.
- Chevrolet customer service: 1-800-222-1020.
- Buick customer service: 1-877-248-2080.
- NHTSA Contact: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153).