Customers looking to kit out their mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette with new 2020 Corvette accessories will several new options to choose from, with the availability of even more goodies scheduled to open up soon.
According to a recent post from Corvette Blogger, which cites an update sent to dealers that lists the new 2020 Corvette accessories roll-out schedule, customers are able to order up the following as of the second quarter of this year (RPO codes listed in parentheses):
- Wheel Lock, Ultra High Security (SQU)
- Premium Indoor Car Cover, Fully Rendered C8R (WKR)
- Contoured Black Floor Liners with Corvette Racing Jake Logo (RIA)
- Contoured Cargo Area Liners with Corvette Racing Jake Logo (CAV)
We previously covered the possibility that Chevrolet would offer a new indoor cover car cover depicting the C8.R race car, carrying over the popular option from the previous generation which depicted the C7.R on a cover for the C7 Corvette. That option has now been confirmed.
Further 2020 Corvette accessories are expected to open up availability in Q3 of 2020, including the following:
- Ground Effects Kit, Black (includes rockers and front splitter) (5V7)
- Rocker Panel Extensions in Visible Carbon Fiber (S6S)
- Rocker Panel Extensions in Carbon Fiber Painted Carbon Flash Metallic (SJI)
- Ground Effects Kit in Carbon Fiber Painted Carbon Flash (includes rockers and front splitter) (5W8)
We covered these 2020 Corvette accessories previously in a GM Authority Exclusive, but now, it looks as though they are opening up in terms of availability.
What’s more, certain 2020 Corvette accessories will no longer be available as a result of overwhelming customer demand. These include Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects (5VM), High Wing Spoiler in Arctic White, Torch Red, Black and Dark Shadow Gray (5ZU), and High Wing Spoiler in Carbon Flash Metallic (5ZZ).
Luckily, it looks as though the aftermarket is willing to pick up at least some of the slack. As we covered previously, ACS Composite has developed its own High Wing Spoiler that replicates the original 2020 Corvette accessory.