The 2021 Cadillac Escalade will follow the automaker’s Y-trim-level strategy and as such, it will be offered in a greater variety of trims than the outgoing, fourth-generation version of the full-size SUV.
With Cadillac set to restructure the Escalade’s trim levels for 2021, we wondered which trim level was the most popular for the 2015-2020 model: Base, Luxury, Premium Luxury or Platinum?
Our sister site, Cadillac Society, asked longtime Escalade Marketing Manager Dave Schiavone about the sales mix for the trim levels in a recent interview. He said the Premium Luxury model is the most popular, accounting for 40 percent of sales, while another 30 percent are range-topping Platinum models. The remaining 30 percent of sales are split between the base Escalade and the Luxury trims.
These percentages are based on U.S. sales figures, which make up a vast majority of Escalade sales worldwide. We wouldn’t expect the split to be much different in other markets where the vehicle is popular, though, such as Canada. Schiavone’s numbers also represent both regular Escalade sales and the extended-length ESV model.
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade will have new trims that follow the automaker’s Y-trim level strategy, which puts ‘Sport’ models on one axis and ‘Luxury models on another. As such, future Escalade buyers will have five trims to choose from, starting with the base-level Luxury, and followed by the Premium Luxury, Platinum Luxury, Sport, and Platinum Sport.
As we reported earlier this month, Sport trim levels account for nearly 45 percent of all Cadillac sales volume across all nameplates, while the remaining 55 percent is split between Luxury and Premium Luxury models. It will be interesting to see the take-rate on the new Escalade Sport models going forward, particularly the range-topping Platinum Sport.
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade will soon be joined by the new 2021 Cadillac Escalade ESV extended-wheelbase model, which will be unveiled the 2021 New York International Auto Show in April. Both vehicles are expected to arrive in dealerships by mid-to-late 2020.