Chevrolet Low Cab Forward sales increased in the United States during the fourth quarter of 2019.
Chevrolet Low Cab Forward Sales - Q4 2019 - United StatesIn the United States, Chevrolet Low Cab Forward deliveries totaled 1,273 units in Q4 2019, an increase of about 35 percent compared to 940 units sold in Q4 2018.
During the complete 2019 calendar year, Low Cab Forward sales increased about 60 percent to 4,495 units.
|MODEL||Q4 2019 / Q4 2018||Q4 2019||Q4 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
|LOW CAB FORWARD||+35.43%||1,273||940||+59.96%||4,495||2,810|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Low Cab Forward sales during the fourth quarter were twice as high as those in the first quarter of 2019, 53 units higher than the 1,305 units delivered during the second quarter, and 85 units fewer than the 1,358 units in the third quarter of 2019. We consider Q4 2019 results a solid performance that allowed GM to add 1,273 deliveries to its bottom line for the quarter and 4,495 units for the 2019 calendar year.
The Chevrolet Low Cab Forward (LCF) medium-duty trucks are the result of a partnership between GM and Isuzu Motors announced in June 2015. The trucks were developed and are built by Isuzu, with GM providing some components, notably the gasoline engine.
The LCF is offered as a 3500, 4500, 5500, or 6500 model, and is available with the GM 6.0-liter L96 Vortec engine or one of two Isuzu diesel engines – a 3.0-liter four-cylinder or a 5.2-liter four-cylinder. Chevrolet LCF 3500, 4500, and 5500 models are a rebadged Isuzu N-Series, while the 6500XD is an Isuzu F-Series.
The trucks are part of Chevy’s strategy to deliver a “whole solution” for commercial fleet customers, ranging from light-duty midsize pickups (Colorado) and full-size light-duty pickups (Silverado 1500) to full-size heavy-duty pickups (Silverado HD) and medium-duty chassis cabs (Silverado MD). The “whole solution” approach is vital as it keeps fleet customers within the Chevrolet network, rather than wandering over to a competitor. In addition, the Low Cab Forward models provide incremental sales volume and revenue for GM, without significant investment or effort.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Low Cab Forward sales for Q4 2018, except as noted
- In the United States, there were 78 selling days in Q4 2019 and 77 selling days in Q4 2018
- Chevrolet Low Cab Forward sales include the following models:
- 3500 gasoline
- 4500 gasoline
- 4500 HD/XD diesel
- 5500 HD/XD diesel
- 6500 XD diesel
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019