Back in 2019, GM Authority reported that GM’s Chevrolet brand will introduce the Shock and Steel package for the 2020 Camaro. Then in January, we were the first in the world to bring you photos of the vehicle. All that was way before The General even announced the special edition package. Fast forward to today – when we’ve snapped the very first live photos of the vehicles at the 2020 Chicago Auto Show. So without further ado, here’s an in-depth, in-person look at the new Camaro Shock and Steel edition.
For those that haven’t been following this one from the very beginning, the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Shock and Steel Special Edition is a styling package that adds a variety of content to the Bow Tie’s legendary sports car, including:
- 20-inch Blade Design aluminum wheels
- Carbon Flash-painted sideview mirrors
- Carbon Flash-painted center stripe and surrounding stripe in Silver (when Shock is ordered) or Shock (when Sating Steel Metallic is ordered)
- Body-color high-wing spoiler (Coupe only)
- Black fuel filler door with visible carbon fiber insert
- Yellow-painted brake calipers
- Black sueded knee pads
- Carbon fiber instrument panel molding
- Premium carpeted floor mats
The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Shock and Steel Edition package is offered on both Coupe and Convertible models, and requires one of two exterior colors – Satin Steel Metallic (RPO code G9K) or Shock (RPO code GKO) Jet Black is the only interior color combination on offer.
The package is available on either the 2LT, 3LT or SS trim levels. On LT models, the package includes the RS Package and Brembo four-piston performance brakes at the front.
Pricing for the new Shock and Steel package is set at $3,495 for the Coupe and $2,995 for the Convertible.
The 2020 Camaro Shock and Steel Edition is available to oder now, and the very first units will begin arriving to dealers in the spring of 2020. The package is one of various changes and updates made to the Chevrolet Camaro for the 2020 model year, the most prominent of which was a revised front fascia for the Camaro SS model.