Though General Motors does not provide individual sales performance of vehicles in China, we do have the following information.
SAIC-GM Sales – Q4 2019
Fourth-quarter 2019 sales results at SAIC-GM – GM’s primary joint venture in China responsible for Buick, Chevrolet and Cadillac operations – decreased 18.4 percent to 379,778 units:
Buick sales decreased 15 percent to 226,954 units:
- GM stated that the all-new Enclave large SUV has enjoyed healthy sales since its launch in November. With its introduction, Buick now has a complete crossover lineup in China that includes compact, midsize and large SUVs.
Chevrolet sales decreased 29.1 percent to 101,363 units:
- Like Buick, the Bow Tie brand strengthened its SUV presence in China with the launch of the Tracker and Trailblazer. This year, Chevrolet will add the all-new three-row Blazer to solidify its foothold in this growing segment in China.
Cadillac sales increased 7.8 percent to 51,461 units:
- In 2019, Cadillac added the CT5 midsize luxury sedan and the XT6 large luxury SUV. It will introduce the CT4 compact luxury sedan this year, giving Cadillac its strongest portfolio ever in China’s steadily growing luxury vehicle segment.
SAIC-GM-Wuling Sales – Q4 2019
Fourth-quarter 2019 sales results at SAIC-GM-Wuling – GM’s other Chinese joint venture responsible for Wuling and Baojun brands -decreased 8.55 percent to 456,396 units:
Baojun sales decreased 13.3 percent to 180,196 units:
- The brand added the all-new RS-3 small sporty SUV in October
- Baojun is in the process of transforming into a more youthful, connected and intelligent brand to appeal to rising consumer aspirations
Wuling sales decreased 5.2 percent to 276,200 units:
- The brand maintains its leadership in the mini-commercial vehicle segment
- In October, the brand added the all-new Hong Guang PLUS to Hong Guang MPV family – China’s most popular nameplate
During the complete 2019 calendar year, GM China sales decreased 15,1 percent to 3,093,604 units.
Sales Results - Q4 2019 - China - GM Totals
|BRAND||Q4 2019 / Q4 2018||Q4 2019||Q4 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
|GM CHINA TOTAL||-13.32%||836,174||964,714||-15.13%||3,093,604||3,645,044|
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to GM China sales for Q4 2018, except when noted
- GM China sales figures represent retail sales
- GM does not provide individual sales performance of sales in China
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019 (this page)
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.