Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 9 percent to 45,296 units in December 2019. The performance enables GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and Chevrolet to continue as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 1 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales decreased 66.67 percent to 5 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 68.27 percent to 786 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales increased 38.18 percent to 3,004 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 8.83 percent to 413 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 59.12 percent to 560 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 60.02 percent to 31,431 units
- Onix hatchback sales totaled 21,442 units
- Onix Plus sedan sales totaled 9,989 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales decreased 80.66 percent to 1,304 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales increased 22.73 percent to 3,693 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales decreased 28.17 percent to 2,295 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 25.82 percent to 1,523 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 37.04 percent to 272 units
During the the complete 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 10 percent to 475,684 units.
Sales Results - December 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||DEC 2019 / DEC 2018||DECEMBER 2019||DECEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
After two consecutive months of contractions in sales, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased in a healthy manner in December. In fact, the 45,296 units delivered in the last month of the 2019 calendar year set a new sales record for Chevrolet and represented the best monthly performance in recent years. By increasing sales in ten of the twelve months, the year-to-date Chevrolet Brazil sales was 10 percent higher than performance in 2018.
Once again, the Chevrolet Onix was the undisputed protagonist of both December and entire 2019 calendar year. The subcompact car set a new sales record with 31,431 deliveries, the highest monthly figure since its introduction at the end of 2012. In addition, the Onix accounted for almost 70 percent of Chevrolet’s total sales volume in December as a result of the addition of the all-new Onix Plus sedan that saw 9,989 deliveries. This performance consolidates it as the best-selling vehicle in Brazil and throughout Latin America.
The Cruze and the S10 were the other two Chevrolet vehicles that saw sales increase during the month of December in Brazil. The performance of the compact car significantly improved during the first month of availability of the new Cruze LT, the new entry-level version that launched in the region in November.
Meanwhile, sales of the midsize pickup increased 23 percent, becoming the best-selling model in its segment during the month. The remainder of Chevrolet models saw sales decrease year-over-year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for December 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q4 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.
- Chevrolet sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- Buick sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GMC sales Q4 2019 U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q4 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q4 2019
- GM Mexico sales October 2019
- GM Mexico sales November 2019 sales
- Chevrolet Mexico November 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico November 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico November 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico November 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales December 2019
- Chevrolet Mexico December 2019 sales
- Buick Mexico December 2019 sales
- GMC Mexico December 2019 sales
- Cadillac Mexico December 2019 sales
- GM China sales Q4 2019
- Chevrolet China Q4 2019 sales
- Buick China Q4 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q4 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q4 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q4 2019
- GM Q4 2019 sales U.S.A.